Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather doesn't show up on clock face for Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My weather app on the versa itself works just fine, but for any clock face that involves displaying the current temperature - doesn't work. I've made sure I've synced with the app and the location services are on etc.

Halp!!

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Hey there @AG334, thanks for stopping by! If you've tried all the steps and suggestions that @SantiR and I have been sharing in regards to set weather on your watch and you're still having difficulties, please review and check what @Jaimelynn88 posted above. Robot Very Happy

Also, while reading your post I was wondering if you've already paid for this clock face? I have a similar situation in the past with a different clock face, my free trial was expired and my clock face stopped displaying my current weather. The app you're currently using requires a payment method. 

Tesla.png

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thanks! It was a paid 3rd party clock face. Never got the weather
working. However, I changed the icon to a different feature. I am now
using the Fitbit app for weather and it is working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with March Blossom, it’s my favorite clock face of all, I tried all the possible solutions offered here and none seems to work. Have you found a way to make it work yet? Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Sidehams, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided along this thread, nice way to go!

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Is there a way to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius on March Blossom clockface? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Kimekomi, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Robot Very Happy If you haven't find a way to change this on the March Blossom Clock Face, I'd recommend getting in touch with the developer.

Hope that helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using colfaxness and the weather is not working. Any idea how I can fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I went to the Privacy settings in my iPhone, went to the Fitbit settings, and set the location tracking to "Always."  Once I did that, the weather started working on my clock faces.  I'm not a big fan of having apps track my every location, but I guess that this needs to be turned on for the weather features to work on the Versa.  

Best Answer

Wow!!! Thank you so much! I thought I had set location services on, but once you mentioned it, I checked again and it was selected as “On while using the app”. I switched to Always On and restarted my Fitbit by pressing left+low right buttons. Synched it and the weather showed up!!! Thank you so much!!! 

Update: I tried switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius on my phone weather app and syncing to my Versa. I promptly turned it back onto Fahrenheit again  because that’s what I wanted to begin with, so I am not sure if it will update the temperature in Celsius over time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked!  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Willsmom and @Sidehams! I'm glad to see you were able to set up the Weather on your watch after following @cwhhbu's advice. Smiley Very Happy

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon  next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

I'd also recommend to check: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check your location services settings on your phone, not the app. When I changed mine it suddenly appeared. That was after reading the different posts on here this evening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The weather on my Nothing Special clock face on my Versa stopped working a few days ago. I tried everything I could think of, to include restoring my Versa to factory settings and setting it up again. I've set Location Services correctly on my phone, synced numerous times, downloaded the AccuWeather app as one poster suggested, etc. Nothing seems to work and the clock face just says Not Avail for the temp. Based on the number of posts on this topic, there seems to be something flakey going on with getting the weather on a clock face. As another symptom perhaps, the WeatherCast app on the Versa stopped downloading weather as well. Each time I try it just says Update Failed. I don't know if that indicates a broader problem.

Best Answer

@richim wrote:

The weather on my Nothing Special clock face on my Versa stopped working a few days ago. I tried everything I could think of, to include restoring my Versa to factory settings and setting it up again. I've set Location Services correctly on my phone, synced numerous times, downloaded the AccuWeather app as one poster suggested, etc. Nothing seems to work and the clock face just says Not Avail for the temp. Based on the number of posts on this topic, there seems to be something flakey going on with getting the weather on a clock face. As another symptom perhaps, the WeatherCast app on the Versa stopped downloading weather as well. Each time I try it just says Update Failed. I don't know if that indicates a broader problem.

I have the exact same issue with the Nothing Special clock face.  I noticed a few days ago the temperature was not changing.  I installed a different watch face then re-installed Nothing Special and now it says Not Avail and has ---.  The standalone weather app works fine.

Best Answer

Tried rebooting and it did not solve the problem for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update to the nothing special clock face which fixed the weather problem. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks so much for letting me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that.  My issue is that the weather only shows when the phone is on wifi.  If I go to cellular, my temp says na.  I have tried this on 4-5 different watch faces.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a theory: Most of the "perks" only apply with Android phones, not
iPhones. My guess is that the issue resides in the type of device. Does
anyone who cannot get the weather to show have an Android? If we all have
iPhones, that might be the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather started working again after the update to the Nothing Special watch face. Maybe the developers need to make a  tweak to any watch face that has problems with weather to conform to some change in the Fitbit software.

Best Answer