Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What App Can I Download for GPS Golf on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please tell me what app I download for golf gps on ionic, if you have photo of app that would be great thanks 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

From the Fitbit app store you have two possibilities:

- GAME Golf GPS Rangefinder

- Golf GPS

Best Answer
0 Votes

@grassman1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest in the Game Golf GPS App for Fitbit Ionic.

Please follow the steps shared by @Giampi71 to find and download the app. Here is a picture of how it looks:

gamegolf.PNG

Hope this helps and you enjoy this app.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have downloaded the app and my course but when I try to start round the app just closes? 

Thansk 

matthew 

Best Answer

Hey there @Berrmatt, thanks for jumping in here! I recommend to sync and setup the local course and select "send to tracker". When you add the courses stay on the settings screen open the app and keep track on your watch as it builds your courses. 

If you keep having issues with the Game Golf app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Then, from the Fitbit app, reinstall the Game Golf app and try transfering the golf courses.

If you are still having difficulties with this after following those suggestions, I'd like you to send me screen shots of the error message or blank screen you're getting so I can go from there. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I tried the recommended solution and upon opening the app on my Ionic, the app crashes/closes. Any help would be great as this was one of the reasons I purchased the ionic.

Best Answer

It's nice to have a new member around, welcome @Tee_Cee! If you haven't done so already, I recommend performing each of the steps detailed in our help article, here

Please note that Game Golf is an app which was was developed by a 3rd party. So, if the troubleshooting steps detailed above still have not resolved your issue, I recommend contacting the developer via the link in the app description. This is the best way to inform the developer of any emerging issues with the app. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the golf game app notify when updates are available?  I have used the golf game regularly by now all it will do is close when I choose my golf course and hit play.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed Game Golf about the issue and was told they resolved it and would send out an update. Patiently waiting...

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI 

When di they say this please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is from the email I received from GG Support on 1/4/19:

Good afternoon,

This issue has been resolved and will be updated soon.

Kind regards, 
Michael

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI 

Great i will ask on the messenger to see if i get the same reply, Matt 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @Berrmatt@Tee_Cee@GolfDoc, and @pdga17! As mentioned here, a new version of the Game Golf app (v1.0.8) is now available in the Fitbit App Gallery which should help alleviate some of these issues. This version helps to resolve crashes when starting a round that has affected users after updating to OS 3.0.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking out this article to make sure your app is up to date. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you guys with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 3 - will game golf work?

also, I do not see it as an option in the Fitbit App Store 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @BobApp! Game Golf and Fitbit App Gallery (apps and clock faces integrated) is only available for Fitbit Ionic (Game Golf App due to Built-in GPS) and Fitbit Versa.

That's the reason why you cannot see Game Golf app for your Charge 3 in the Fitbit app. 

However, you can still use the Golf shortcut on your Charge 3. To add it to your list of shortcuts, see: How do I change or reorder the exercises in the exercise app?

Please let me know if there's any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Slightly off-topic, but I'm hoping to be able to use both Golf GPS and the Fit Labs tennis app with a Versa. Is that possible? Or do I need to buy an Ionic? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @mybeckpages, it's great to have a new member around! Smiley Very Happy

The Game Golf App is only available in App Gallery for Fitbit Ionic users due to Built-in GPS. Versa and Charge 3 works with connected GPS. 

Let me know if you have any questions present, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! So the Golf app wouldn't work with Versa even if you have your
phone with you? That's possible using my old-faithful Pebble 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mybeckpages Thank you for getting back! Regarding your question, the Golf app that includes the Versa, which can be added as a shortcut can be used. However, the Golf app that is in the App gallery cannot be used.

I really appreciate your understanding with this and let me know if you have more questions.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes