Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp! App Not Showing Correct Location I am in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I use yelp it shows me locations in Seattle, WA when I'm really in Bellvue. I have tried restarting my Fitbit but that did not help. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Brandon74360 Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is strange! Thanks for your post.

Have you tried removing the app and downloading it again?

To remove the app please do the following:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit App dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to remove and tap or click it. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.
  4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

Then, you can downloading it again:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.

Once done, open it and check if it will give your correct location. Make sure that the location on your phone and Fitbit App are the correct one you are in too.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Brandon74360 Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is strange! Thanks for your post.

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit App dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to remove and tap or click it. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.

Once done, open it and check if it will give your correct location. Make sure that the location on your phone and Fitbit App are the correct one you are in too.

Best Answer

Everything works great now! Thanks for helping!Smiley Very Happy

wrote:

2. Tap or click Apps.

4. Tap or click Install.

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer

@Brandon74360 Thanks for your reply! You are very welcome. I'm very glad to hear that everything is working properly now with the Yelp! app. Hopefully, other user who might be experiencing the same will find this helpful too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around here @Senseimaria! I'd like to provide you the following steps to see how it works.

• Restart your watch to refresh it by following the steps in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure that you are using a fully tested mobile device. For details check http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
  • Please force quit the app from your phone.
  • Remove the Ionic to the Bluetooth list.
  • Uninstall the app.
  • Turn Off and On your mobile device.
  • Install and open the app.
  • Check the WiFi or internet connection as well as the battery level on your devices. For details check How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Your mobile device isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. Check that there is no interference with other Bluetooth devices. 
  • Make sure that your Ionic is not linked to a different mobile device and add it to the Bluetooth list.
  • With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  • Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  • Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install (in this case Yelp), tap or click it.
  • Tap or click Install.
  • Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.
  • For further details you can see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes