Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp app won't connect to Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will not connect to WiFi for information  on fitbit smart watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome on board @Tras, it's nice to see you here! The tips below can help you set up and use apps developed for your watch. If an app doesn't work as expected, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. In order for apps to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. 
  2. Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.
  3. Check if the app has a pending update. For instructions, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?
  4. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  5. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have done everything  you suggest and the Fitbit ionic just doe's not keep connected from phone fitbit app to the watch all settings are as they should be.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Tras! This seems to be an issue with the Wi-Fi connection. Have you tried using another app from the App Gallery to see if that one is working properly? 

In the meantime, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have done all this mobile all ways near watch all permissions turned on all day sync everything by the book WiFi never stays on the watch syncing never continues I think there is a technical problem with the Fitbit watches do not live up to there advert.

Best Answer

Thanks for following my suggestions @TrasI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

You're welcome @Tras!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

Yelp app won't connect to my external device. Is anyone has a solution for this issue? I already contact Technician for this issue but they could not resolve my problem.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @johnsonberry, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for letting me know you've contacted the Technician. That means that you contacted our Fitbit Support Team

Can you please let me know if you've followed every single step I've posted here? If so, as we have exhausted all the troubleshooting, I would like to kindly ask you to use another device and letting me know if using an alternative device the Yelp app still not connect to the Wi-Fi.

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer