Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp won't connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not enough Permissions Error message,

I made sure permissions were granted and idk what else to do.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community Forums @Ramsey92. Thanks for making sure permissions were granted, nice way to go! 

If you haven't done so already, I recommend updating your app or reinstalling. Woman Wink

As a reminder, besides the permissions enabled, keep the Fitbit app running in the background for the app to access the internet, and location services enabled. With that, you should be back up and running. 

If the issue persists, please see: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just now installed it and the same problem.

It has been sitting at "Search for locations in your area..."

Of course, I made sure and rechecked that all permissions are active.

I also did the usual troubleshooting.

As there are a lot of issues with syncing (connection issues) reported with the FitBit Versa Lite, I have to wonder if that is the problem 

OR

perhaps Yelp is expecting to ONLY use GPS, which, indoors doesn't work (usually).  I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's not using the phone's other location technology (knowing which cell tower it's connected to)....  ????

I will first test it outdoors where GPS signal is present and see if it works then.

If it does, then that's perhaps not too bad.

If it does not work, then I'll uninstall it.

[UPDATE]

I forced closed the FitBit phone app and forced restarted the watch.

As others report, the phone couldn't find the watch for a long time AND then the watch just restarted itself without warning!  (another thing I've seen people report and no answers from FitBit aoub this).

Finally, the watch did sync with the phone.

I was outside in the open air so the phone's GPS would connect to satellites.

I ran Yelp again and the exact same thing!

However, with several attempts, sometimes Yelp then complains that the watch isn't connected!

"Not Connected. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app."

CLEARLY THERE ARE TOO MANY PROBLEMS with this Fitbit watch.

As of all this, I'm seriously considering returning it today.

I've had enough and there's been ZERO support from Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes