Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yo app - Send emojis to your Yo friends on your Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yo appYo app

Introducing Yo for the Fitbit Ionic: a third-party app for sending emojis from your watch.

Gallery preview:

https://fbgallery.cpfx.ca/#/app/c6a34787-934d-47e9-abd5-62c453d532fc

This app is not affiliated with the company behind the official Yo phone app.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hey @EmTe! Nice to see you around. Robot LOL This third party app looks really cool!

Let us know if there are any updates. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, just got a Fitbit versa. My friend and I are trying to figure out how to send and receive the different emojis. I can see hers when I open on my phone and I can see what I’m sending her but if she sends me something it won’t show up on my versa. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Torielainab wrote:

if she sends me something it won’t show up on my versa. Help

Does it show up on your phone as a notification (e.g., on your lock screen)? If it does then maybe you didn't enable App Notifications for the Yo app.

Fitbit phone app -> Profile Icon (top right) -> Versa -> Notifications -> App Notifications -> Yo -> enable

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so cool @EmTeWoman Very Happy Gonna test it in a minute! So this is available for Versa and Ionic? Wow!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

But I am talking about on the actual Versa device? Will we be notified and be able to see the "emoji" that our friends sent on our Versa. I can see it fine on my iphone, but not the versa. 

Best Answer

Hi @Torielainab, I´ll be glad to assist you. Are you talking about emojis about a specific App or emojis in general? You won´t be able to see emojis from some apps since they are not fully supported. You are able to see some emojis on your Versa:emojis.png

If you´re not seeing emojis at all you can try to restart your device with these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

I´ll be here if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Torielainab wrote:

But I am talking about on the actual Versa device? Will we be notified and be able to see the "emoji" that our friends sent on our Versa. I can see it fine on my iphone, but not the versa. 

You should be able to see them.

Of course you need to have installed the official Yo app on your phone and your Versa needs to be configured to show Yo notifications on the device.

Similar to WhatsApp notifications. You may already receive them on your phone but by default they won't show on the Versa. You need to enable them to see notifications on your Versa. Versa has a "disabled by default" setting for all phone apps notifications, except for SMS notifications and phone call notifications. Edit: Here is link to a step by step guide on enabling notifications.

Best Answer

@EmTe I hope you're doing well! That's great information right there on your post. Thanks for sharing that information. 

@Torielainab I hope you're doing well! Did you found this helpful? You can find more information on this helpful article. Also, check this other article for even more information about notifications.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Ah! I figured it out!! Thank You! I am enjoying this, hopefully it will come out with a whole messaging feature where we can message our friends through this app. Happy that Apple allows this. I have actually been able to send short messages to another friend. Been pretty convenient! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, I just got this for my Versa and I am trying to figure it out. Is this an app you also need to download from the app store? And also do the people you are sending this have to have a Fitbit Versa or Ionic? Can I please have an explanation about this app that would be great thx 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@grader3379 wrote:

Hi guys, I just got this for my Versa and I am trying to figure it out. Is this an app you also need to download from the app store? And also do the people you are sending this have to have a Fitbit Versa or Ionic? Can I please have an explanation about this app that would be great thx 🙂

Yes there is an app you also need to download on Apple's App Store or Android's App Store if you want to receive messages. If you just want to send them and not receive them, then the Fitbit App Gallery's app is enough.

You don't need the Versa to receive messages. The messages naturally appear on your phone if you have the Apple's App Store app or Android's App Store app installed.

Best Answer

@Torielainab Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to read that you figured it out and that you are now enjoying the Yo app. You can always send your feedback to the developer of this app by checking under "App details"; you should find contact details.

@grader3379 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your interest in using the Yo app. Please check the above response from @EmTe as you will find that to be very helpful. 

@EmTe Thanks for keeping this thread up to date helping all of these users to be able to use the Yo app correctly and enjoy it. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the app on my watch but it just keeps saying “Getting contacts...” & won’t say anything else

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @TessaToller, it's nice to see a new member around! You can find more information on this helpful article

Have you also tried restarting your tracker? If not yet, please find the instructions in this article

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TessaToller wrote:

I downloaded the app on my watch but it just keeps saying “Getting contacts...” & won’t say anything else

Maybe your phone has a poor internet connection? If you are at the "getting contacts..." stage that mean's you already logged in to your Yo account, right?

On my watch after first I login, it immediately downloads the contacts and I get the message "X Contacts updated". If I click on "Refresh" later it says "getting contacts" and then "X contacts updated" after less than 1 minute.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Yo only for iPhones? I haven’t found in Playstore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind. I see that it is in the apps on my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey seems that every time a try get up the yo app on my Fitbit it says login on app on phone then when I go to the yo app on my phone and press on the link it brings me to a page that just comes up with a number saying 404 and it’s seems like that happens every time and just wondering if you know how to help that.

Best Answer
0 Votes