Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't setup my city in weather app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

For some reason the fitbit app can't find my city in the weather app config.

How can I find what's wrong?

Thanks,

Moderator edit: added tag

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @josezito, it's nice to see you around! Have you tried what @SunsetRunner suggested? Did it work?

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Weather app  on your watch.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  6. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS? If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app.

Let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @josezito. If the city is not listed, then try this:

• In the Weather app, instead of looking for your city, select Current Location.
  • Then, on your phone, turn Location to ON for Fitbit. 

That should get you in the right area.

Best Answer

Hey there @josezito, it's nice to see you around! Have you tried what @SunsetRunner suggested? Did it work?

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Weather app  on your watch.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  6. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS? If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app.

Let us know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've follow those steps but it still doesn't show any weather info.

On the watch it tells me that there is no location setup.

On the phone, I do see "current location" listed and it has access to the GPS (it's being used for the exercises).

If that makes any difference: I'm in Portugal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just repeat all the steps in the guide and now I can see the weather info on the watch.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know, @josezito

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @josezitoIn case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep us posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes