Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile app no longer reports heart rate in real time, and other issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is a Charge 2.  It was a gift I received in mid July 2018.  I love what it does and a few things are quite frustrating.  Please, correct if I am wrong.  When Fitbit "upgrades" or "improves" the mobile app, we tend to LOSE functionality!  In general the mobile app is adequate, it just isn't very accurate all the time. 

Issue 1)

Until about 2 months ago the app reliably reported heard rate in real time.  Now, even though the tracker reports heart rate in real time AND the bluetooth connection is functioning, I no longer get real time heart rates on the mobile app.

Issue 2) 

Floor climbing is not consistent.  The accuracy fluctuates quite a lot.  I have one single flight of stairs in my house; it has 14 stairs.  The Charge 2 will record a flight with as little as 8 floors climbed and often will NOT record a flight when I have climbed all 14 steps AND raised my hand over my head.

Issue 3)

One day last week the app did not credit me with a day of exercise even though it recorded over an hour of raised heart rate.  Fitbit documentation is not very clear on this subject.  It seems to me that 30 minutes of elevated heart rate is equal to a day of exercise.

If anyone in the community is familiar with these issues I'd love to hear from you.

Also, if anyone has experience with an Apple Watch AND a Fitbit and can compare them I'd love to hear that too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0