Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of Premium Coach subscription

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was previously a subscriber to Fitstar, on the yearly plan on $39.99. I didn't use it this past year, so I decided that I wanted to discontinue the auto-renewal and avoid paying for the new year [which was re-upping in about a week or so]. I log into the site [which has now become Fitbit Coach] and, low and behold, it shows that I'm a Basic customer with offers for switching to Premium. Great, I apparently did this earlier in the year or something? Either way, it looked like I wouldn't be charged in the future.

Then this week I got a receipt for $39.99. So I call customer service, explain the situation. And apparently the phone staff IS NOT ALLOWED to discuss money issues? Said I had to email customer service instead. Fair enough I guess, did that. I'm told that under no circumstance do they issue refunds [which is never a good sign for a healthy business] and that I had auto-renewal still on. They were kind enough to shut it off for me and told me enjoy the year of Premium because I'm not to be refunded for it. Yet I still log into my account and it only labels me as Basic plan, not Premium. So now Fitbit is forcing me to pay for a service that [a] I took every step to cancel before hand, [b] described as an accident within 3 hours of the transaction and [c] don't even have access to use even though, for the moment, I've paid for it.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I can accept a "no refund" policy when I have the choice to cancel. I was not given that choice due to glitches in the system. That is not on me, that is on Fitbit...I will not pay for your mistakes. There needs to be a common sense answer here, yet no one at Fitbit has been able to solve this. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Can you dispute the charge with your bank?

Best Answer

@K_Knight Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the Fitbit Community! I've PM'd you with more details about your inquiry. Check it when you get a chance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am dealing with EXACTLY the same problem.  Identical problem.  I have spoken to customer service 2x on the phone and lots of email exchanges with them.  Ultimately I was told to dispute it with my bank and they would not refund the money.  I was unable to EDIT my account and discontinue auto-renewal.  I am still unable to edit my account.  This is unacceptable.   

Best Answer

May you can help me too?  I have the same problem.  I can't edit my account.  I can't get a refund.  Fitbit has been totally unhelpful.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem.  I had purchased the service to send diet and exercise reports to my cardiac dietitian after a heart attack a year ago.  Saw a charge for $53.49 pending on my credit card, so I turned off the service.  However, the charge still went through.  

All my other annual charges send me a reminder or grace period.  Annoying!  I can't see where customer service emails and phone numbers are? 

If I don't get a response, I'll dispute it with Am Ex, but that just hurts Fit Bit's record and my record.  Seems like there should be a friendlier way? 

Brenda 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I've literally been trying to cancel the Fitbit Coach Subscription for the last 2 months and every month, I've been charged.  I had to go through a lit of crap JUST to get it cancelled today but not before they CHARGED ME.....AGAIN. I don't think it's good business to not offer refunds if someone isn't going to use your business anymore. It makes people not want to subscribe anymore. I know I won't. Nor will I recommend Fitbit Coach to anyone that I know. It's not fair that I've been paying for a service I've not used in the last 2 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Jamilia! Sorry to hear about the issue you've been having. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. This shouldn't be happening if you already cancel it. 

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to come back if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so disappointed in Fitbit Coach.

I’ve been a fan of FitStar since it was launched. I think I was amongst the first paid customers. Yet, a few days ago I’ve subscribed again just to find everything a mess.

The streaming stops mid-way. In other words, the workout freezes on MacOS for a few second every 30 or so. This is on a 30 MBPS connection. It kills my battery on the iPhone 6, far worse than before and on top of this, I feel like the quality of the exercises decreased.

I always appreciated FitStar because of the simple and functional exercises. It wasn’t anything complicated but enough to make me break a sweat. Now they’ve added way too many new exercises.

Is there a way to get a refund? Let’s say that the last one is arbitrary but it sucks to have the stream stop mid exercise. I’ve tried this on two networks. This is on MacOS, Chrome and no, I’m not changing browsers just for this.

Please advise. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RazvanClaudiu, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into your refund request further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I've literally been waiting 3 months and I have not gotten any response, like stated previously, from anyone concerning me being charged for the 2 months that I did not use Fitbit Coach. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Jamilia! Sorry to hear that you haven't received a reply from our Support team. I have sent you a PM to further assist you and this way, you can provide me with more details about it. 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am disappointed. I signed up sept this year and went to cancel, well that's great, I did, but no money back..........and it's only november.........and the plan doesnt end until sept 2020.......I want my money back, please, I dont mind paying for the couple months I used it

Please help 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LisaMC317 It's nice to see you on the Community. 

Thanks for letting me know that you've cancelled your subscription. Fitbit doesn't offer refunds for subscriptions, you may want to learn more about it by checking our Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which is another reason why I no longer use fitbit.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Last night, a $74.99 charge appeared on my bank account.  I tracked it down to Fitbit Premium showing up on my wife's Google App charges.  We were both together at the time and neither of us have any idea how this happened.  I find it difficult to believe that a subscription could be pocket dialed.

I'm just beginning to try and resolve this (I'm posting as her).  I'm hopeful I don't get as much difficulty reversing the charge as what is being described in this forum.  We've both been loyal Fitbit users for several years, and would like to continue.  But if I can't reverse this charge, I will no longer trust Fitbit, and that's enough to make us both quit the platform altogether.

Best Answer

Never got a reply, so......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your right its a very bad practice that they wont refund any subscriptions. You have to go to google to ask them and that in itself is a total nightmare. Best thing to do it delete all account details and buy a different type of  watch .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes trying that now but i want a ful

ll refund if the last 3 months subcriptions. I onlyly joined by way of a 'Free trial' which they dint notify you about or when it supposedly ends. Stinks of scam type  marketerring

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have  a similar problem. I tried cancelling my premium subscription and was charged another year. Fitbit people tell me there is nothing Ithey can do because the subscription is handled by Google!

So much for an irresponsible company. No more purchases of Fitbit devices for me.

Best Answer