Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3" when trying to sync.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I love my Fitbit and use it all the time. I am connected to Weight Watchers now as well and I LOVE seeing my progress everyday. It stopped working this week - won't sync and the message I get is FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3.

Can anyone help me please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

There seem to be a few posts from people having this error message. This thread has a few suggestions that have worked for others: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/FBBluetoothErrorDomain-error-3/td-p/2346614

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @clark265, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's always a pleasure @SteveH, thanks for all your help! Smiley Happy

@clark265, thanks for bringing this to my attention. If you have already checked the thread kindly provided by @SteveH, I would like to try the following on your phone:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your tracker and your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and go to Account > Your tracker > All-day Sync and enable it. This will prompt a pop-up to appear asking you to "pair" your tracker to your phone. Please pair it. 
  4. You can either leave "All-day Sync" enabled or disable it if you won't use it.
  5. After that, try to sync your tracker.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what happens when nothing clears the domain 3 error when trying to update my Fitbit?? I have been attempting daily to connect my Fitbit to no avail and have gotten no help when contacting Fitbit directly 2 months ago. Do I have a lemon it was a Christmas gift that I barely even got to use. This is really a disappointing experience please help!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Genavevasmom, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared this situation with me. If you're getting an error 3 when trying to update your Fitbit device, please try the following:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Restart your phone
  • Open the Fitbit app and try to update the device again.

If you're still getting the same error, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted and once the set up is complete you will be asked to update the tracker. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to sync my FitBit Charge 2 but the Bluetooth will not connect.  I stopped using it for many months because of this, and I am trying to figure this out again.  I am not sure it is even showing on my phone under Bluetooth.  I’ve tried turning Bluetooth off and back on but it is still not working.  I removed my Charge 2 from my FitBit app, and now I can not get it back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CLGirton, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that your Charge 2 does not sync nor pair directly from the Bluetooth settings on your phone, but through the Fitbit app. As you have removed the tracker from your account I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your Charge 2, then leave it plugged in and charging. 
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Make sure the Fitbit app is fully updated (go to the App Store and search for Fitbit to check if an update is pending)
  5. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  6. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  7. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a couple tried and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes