Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation has failed - error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason I can’t login in on my Fitbit coach app. I’ve changed my password but it didn’t helped. I always get an error message telling me the validation has failed. 

Could you help me? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Welcome to the Community @NicolePerone. It's pretty weird that you're getting this error, I haven't heard of this on the forums. I would like you to provide me with a screenshot of the error message that you're getting, this will help me to provide you with the proper troubleshoot.

A warm welcome to the Community @KelseeJade. Your comments are really appreciated, our team is always reviewing the forums to fix the issues that are currently happening. I would like you to confirm you've done this procedure to fix the validation failed error. 

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
V/R,
Kelsee James
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, troubleshooting steps followed, still telling me i have to link my accounts in order to sign in on my ipad.  They're are synced as confirmed on the websites.  Frustrating to say the least.  To echo earlier comments, this has been going on for a month, what it the ETA on resolving this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Silaena! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. I totally appreciate your patience and understanding while this is being resolved, our team is always doing its best to fix it and provide you with the best experience. 

As soon as I have more information on this, I'll make sure to post it. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. This has been on going for 5+ months. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

No , I’ve given up trying to connect to the coach 

Best Answer

Yep, using alternatives now since they don't seem to care about providing updates or fixing this.  

Best Answer

Having the same issue. Deleted and reinstalled, changed passwords, tried logging in using Facebook, etc. and I keep getting the same error. I'm a new user and this is not looking good...

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves. I suggest deleting the Fitbit Coach app on your phones and downloading it again. You can also try to login using "Login with Fitbit" or "Login with Email" and manually log your email address and password.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

FE99C330-1AFB-41B7-A96C-3DD23194F38E.png

Alejandra,

As per the picture above, your suggestion did not work. I tried deleting the app, downloading it anew, and logging in again multiple times to no avail. 

Please sdvise as to when Fitbit is going to repair or replace the defunct Fitbit Coach app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already tried all of that. Still doesn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves. I suggest deleting the Fitbit Coach app on your phones and downloading it again. You can also try to login using "Login with Fitbit" or "Login with Email" and manually log your email address and password.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Quit insulting our intelligence and answer our question, does Fitbit have any intention of fixing this glaringly long-standing issue or should I return my watch and get one from Apple?

The response, your fix, has been recommended time and time again by Fitbit 'Moderators' and your users keep telling you this does not fix the issue. What is the ETA of a fix ON YOUR END?

Best Answer

Hey @KelseeJade@NicolePerone and @gsbryant thanks for the information and for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Fitbit Coach app.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here! tried a different way, but still not working. will give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having same problem.  What finally worked for me going to website on my phone and clicking on login with email.  I missed it for a while because it is below the login with Facebook link.  And because it is just the words “login with email” it doesn’t look like a link.  Anyway clicked on it and used Fitbit login. First screen that came up asked if I wanted link to my Fitbit account.  I clicked on the selection to link the account.  Now the app is working.  Evidentially until you get Fitbit account linked to the coach app it gives the validation error.  Hope this help others.

Best Answer
Holy crap that worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jons_fb, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @KelseeJade, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know that after logging with your email and linking your Fitbit account, the issue got resolved, thanks for sharing this! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! 

I'm facing exactly the same issue here. One small change. I can log in to the fitbit coach app on my iPad, but not on my phone? That is really irritating. I've tried all methods mentioned in this thread and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @AngryBoi, a warm welcome to the Forums.

I am glad to hear that you are able to log in to your Fitbit Coach account with one device. Keep in mind that our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

In the meantime, you can consider using the device that you were able to log in.

Let me know if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nearly 3 months since the last message and it looks like this issue hasn't been resolved - I'm having the exact same issue. 

Phone: Samsung S7 

Fitbit: Charge 2

Following what was most recently suggested by a non-Admin person hasn't resolved the error message from occurring for me: Error logging in. Validation failed:

This is disappointing more because when I first open the app it asks to log in with my fitbit account with ny profile pic and name show then it takes me to an email log in page anyway. I do this only to get the error message above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes