Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing skin discomfort, irritation, or wrist pain?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

If you continue to experience discomfort or your device feels hot, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Purchased a Versa 4 from Costco 2 weeks ago. 
It was working perfectly fine, until today during my HIIT workout, I noticed that it wasn’t registering my heart beat correctly.

- I was definitely supposed to be around the 110, but the Fitbit was indicating 68.               - Battery was at 83%

As I continued my workout, I started feeling a sharp pinch on the top part wrist, like a burning needle pinch. I tried to move the Fitbit screen to adjust the position and it was super hot. I immediately took it off and my wrist looked red. About an hour later, it started to form little blisters around the burned area. 

I am extremely furious, I spent the extra dollars to purchased a Fitbit instead of any other product, and it burns my skin?

I want a response immediately!

IMG_5733.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GerardMa  these are the community forums where members share their experiences and get some basic help. You need customer service as we can't help you on the forums.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the start I thought it strange that the end of the strap slots under not over the main band. I now find that this is causing reddening and chafing on my wrist. I can of course loosen the strap a notch but my early observations suggest that this makes the readings less reliable. It's difficult to be sure of but I feel that with a loose strap heart readings, for example, are too high. Does anyone else have experience of this?

Best Answer

Wearing the device loose does indeed affect the accuracy of the readings, especially while moving and exercising. I do not like this kind of strap design either, nor does it makes sense to me, but has become quite common these days. Fitbit is offering some alternative strap designs for the Charge 6 but I find them pricey.  

Best Answer

Hello @jontris 

I, too, didn't like the fit of the silicone sport band that came with the Charge. It was either too tight or too loose. I got a 3rd party metal mesh band with a magnetic clasp. This band makes the watch look nicer and it is very easy to adjust. The minor annoyance is the magnetic clasp will sometimes attach to metal objects, like tableware. But, it's something that I can live with.

You might want to check out options with 3rd party bands. They come in all sorts of different materials and are more reasonably priced than the Fitbit ones.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I believe my sense is giving me wrist burns. I was getting them on my watch wrist so I switched to the other wrist and now my other wrist has one. Seems to be one of the left sensors. Anyone else?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

HI @s1ipos - Fitbit take such matter seriously, try chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

However, try charging fully and check if it gets hot, if so stop immediately and don't wear it.

What can happen is water can get in, or some other internal damage, and cause excessive currents to flow which causes over heating and can cause burns.

It is less likely an allergic reaction after so long, but dirt can cause irritation if the watch is not cleaned frequently.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thank  you for your help.

@s1ipos , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message. 

I've notified Support. They'll be providing further assistance via email . Soon you'll receive a message. 

In the meantime, please have a look at this: Fitbit Product Care

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Sense 3 in Jul 2022 and had some minor sync issues from the start. About a week ago it went blank and several attempts to restart have not been successful.

The App says it is in sync and has a full battery, but no display. There is nothing wrong with the display screen because the watch showed the fitbit logo when I tried to restart it. It simply doesn't boot.

Further attempts at restarting it have failed and it is getting too hot very quickly. 

There are hundreds of other fitbit users with the same complaint on the forums. I feel fleeced!  Hundreds of pounds spent should guarantee at least some lasting quality. It never delivered what promised. Tech support laughable, and the latest aggression, to contact them I must register with X!?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi @bothwellm - if the watch gets hot when wearing or charging stop immediately. It means the watch is terminally sick

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
  • have been using my fitbit luxe for almost 1 year. lately my arm has started to hurt from wearing the watch. searing pain. just like I get power from it. tried to switch arms. it was just as bad.
    it starts radiating pain up the arm if I use it for a long time. no marks on the arm.
Best Answer

I have had my Charge 5 for about 10 months now. Since a few days my wrist is getting red and damaged just under the 4 sensors at the back of the watch. I experience no skin problems by the metalband, however. Is there anyone here with similar problems? What to do? Does it mean I have to say goodbye to my fantastic measuring instrument (I live in the Netherlands). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @tenc49, welcome to the community, you may find this article of interest Fitbit Wear & Care If your problem persists you should consult your medical professional.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Liv-Tone, welcome to the community, The best advice is to talk to your medical professional.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its not a medical condition. My husband tried the luxe, and he said it was just like when he was young and took a 9v battery on the tongue. The same feeling on the arm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Liv-Tone, under these circumstances I suggest you talk to"Customer Support" using the phone or chat facility for a prompt response.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. I have sent email to costumer service. I wanted to see if anyone had this experience and what was wrong. Always good with experience from others. I didn't see any topics about this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Liv-Tone, your best approach is to use the chat or phone, email is best avoided.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @tenc49. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I noticed that you already got in touch with our team and are receiving assistance. 

Thanks for sharing the help article @Gr4ndp4.

We look forward to get you back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes