Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing skin discomfort, irritation, or wrist pain?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

If you continue to experience discomfort or your device feels hot, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
I clean the watch back every day and I don't have any allergic reactions to
any other devices or metals that I use. It's a very strange and worrying
issue. I love my Fitbit and would hate to have to give it up.

Stacey~
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I switched from Versa 2 watches to a Versa 3 (her) and Sense (me) about 18 months ago. We both had similar, but smaller, allergic reactions to the metal used in these watches. Ours cleared up after around 1 month. I have seen several other posts here in the Sense community for the same type of allergic reaction to whatever metal is used in the back of the Sense. Like you, I have worn watches my entire adult life, including numerous smart watch models, and never had any kind of reaction to any watch until I wore the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Stactacular - it can be frictional. Rapid or frequent arm use in conjunction with sweat or dust can create irritation. It happened to me.

Definitely give that wrist a rest and try wearing it tighter to reduce possible friction. Also speak with Fitbit.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thank you for your help. 

@Stactacular @Scott337 , Nice to see you around. Thank you for sharing your information.

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting you to provide further assistance. Soon you'll receive a message. 
Please continue working with Support. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had issues with the band of their watch?

I got given to me for Christmas and the band seems to be burning or reacting to my skin.

It looks like a burn and the skin dies and heals eventually but soon as I wear watch again it flares up.

rash Left hand .jpegrash Left hand 2.jpegRight hand.jpegRight Hand 2.jpeg

This is like the third time now. I take off and switch hands and it does it to the other hand and I wait till its gone wear it again and by the end of the week its back again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wombat26 - the irritation can be caused by quite a few things, it happened to me and in my case was frictional burns.

If the watch is too loose during a lot of repetitive activity it can rub against the skin and in conjunction with sweat or dust can create burn like marks.

Of course it can be other things and different band materials may help.

It is probably best to chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will do that 

Looks like trying to find a new band seems like the go

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wombat26 Nice to see a new face around the community. Thank you for your messages and information. @Guy_ Thanks for all your help. 

I've informed Support, and they'll be providing further assistance via email . You'll be receiving a message soon. 

Keep working with Support. In the meantime, please have a look at this: Fitbit Product Care

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 5 strap causes a severe reaction, ordered numerous replacements and all do not attach securely ? Why 

Best Answer

Hi, @Tracini, welcome, may I assume all the bands causing your discomfort are "Fitbit" bands and not third-party products? You may find these articles of interest Fitbit Product Care - Help & How do I clean my Fitbit device? - Fitbit Help Center 

If you are not able to resolve your problem I suggest you talk to "Customer Support" using the chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

the silicone bands irritate me.  I have had several different charge models and have always used aftermarket bands.  My preference is the woven metal ones.  The charge 5 bands fall off.  I see the charge 6 also has magnetic bands.  I don’t have an answer for you.  Mine no longer vibrates.  I’ve tried to fix that but haven’t been successful.  This is probably my last Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All the ones I’ve bought don’t click in securely including fabric and
leather ones 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the community forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for the picture provided. I understand your concern and apologize for the experience that you've had while wearing your Inspire. Please know that your safety is our utmost priority. I've reached out to our Support team, and they will create a case on your behalf. Our team will continue assisting you via email. Rest assured, you're in good hands.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Tracini. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I'm sorry about this. 

@Gr4ndp4, Thanks for your interaction and for sharing the advised articles. 

I've informed Support, and they'll be providing further assistance via email . You'll be receiving an email soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting burns on my arm from the back of my fitbit sense 2. I only got this model in jamuary. My previous fitbit, sense 1 caused me no problems. 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you haven't done so already, you really should read the Important Safety Information article.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you for your help. 

@Chelle170180, Nice to see you around. Thank you for sharing your information.

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting you to provide further assistance. Soon you'll receive a message. 
Please continue working with Support. 

Best Answer

I brought a semse 2 through fitbit however the watch started to burn my wrist under the watch. I could feel the lights burning my skin and left red marks on my wrist. I contacted fitbit and after a lot of emails back and forth wanting to know questions of when where and photos l was told to send the watch back. I requested a new watch but they said no so now after whats been 2mths since l reported the watch burns l am still waiting for my refund. Never buy from fitbit direct as there return procedure is terrible. Anyone else had this experience

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have gotten burnt! I took off the watch to let it heal for 2 weeks and tried again. It still happens! 

Best Answer
Thats good to know as for some reason they thought it was my fault. No
appology and no fast refund
Best Answer
0 Votes