Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing skin discomfort, irritation, or wrist pain?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

If you continue to experience discomfort or your device feels hot, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Thats good to know l hope they read these post l am still waiting for an appology

Best Answer

What is the difference in the materials used in the Versa watches vs the Charge trackers?

With the charge trackers, only the bands gave me allergies, but the tracker itself did not. 

With the versa 2, I got an allergy from the band and from the tracker. 

The manual for the versa states: 

The housing and buckle on Versa are made of anodized aluminum. While anodized
aluminum can contain traces of nickel, which can cause an allergic reaction in
someone with nickel sensitivity, the amount of nickel in all Fitbit products meets the
European Union's stringent Nickel Directive.

The Versa classic band is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to
that used in many sports watches.

The manual for the charge 5 states:

The housing on Charge 5 is made of anodized aluminum and surgical-grade
stainless steel. The band that comes with Charge 5 is made of a flexible, durable
silicone similar to that used in many sports watches. While all stainless steel and
anodized aluminum can contain traces of nickel, which can cause an allergic
reaction in someone with nickel sensitivity, the amount of nickel in all Fitbit
products meets the European Union's stringent Nickel Directive.

This is nearly identical. What is the difference in the materials that may be causing a reaction?

Best Answer

Any idea why ?

1000048493.jpg

Best Answer

I have had the same issue.. clean your band with a very mild soap. To clear up the rash, I ended up using Polysporin and then using their itch lotion. Helped immensely. 

Best Answer

Hi, @torontobaddie welcome to the community, Google/Fitbit does not provide detailed information beyond the statements you have noted. Allowing you are using Fitbit bands (not third-party bands from somewhere else) You may find talking to "Customer Support" is your best way forward. They will draw your attention to Fitbit Wear & Care so you may find it useful to review the points made. It will be a good move to note the steps you have taken so you can brief the agent clearly.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Hello there @Klauer10 @Glanville, welcome to the Fitbit Community.

@Klauer10 I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulties getting the issue resolved. I hope you can understand that we have our own process that we must follow. Please keep an open channel of communication with them to get the situation resolved as soon as possible.

@Glanville I've informed Support, and they'll be providing further assistance via email. You'll be receiving a message soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What next?  It's hot to the touch and won't turn back on.  It was fully charged last night. 

Best Answer

My idea only. I also get this rash. 

I have found help with this by removing the watch every couple of days. Carefully clean the straps with a mild soap solution. Dry skin collects on the straps. This helps me. I also alternate my wrists.

I hope this helps.

EH
Best Answer

Hello @Maggie68mi and welcome to the Community.  These are the telltale signs of a battery fault.  Please don't try to charge it again as it is a fire risk.  Sorry, but the next step is to dispose of your Versa according to your local regulations for a rechargeable battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello there @rohandesai @8YL57P @Dkaiser! It is nice to see you guys around!

I'd like to mention that I have created a case for you, our support team will contact you as soon as possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW , Thank you for your help. 

@Maggie68mi , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your report. 

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting you via email for further assistance . 

You'll get an email soon. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the community forums, @torontobaddie@Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your help.

@torontobaddie Thanks for taking the time to research more about our Fitbit devices. I understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I have checked with our Support team and see that you already have a case created. While we're not able to share detailed information about the materials used in our devices and accessories, I've forwarded your comments so you can receive more assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

I've been using my fitbit happily since January, but yesterday I kept experiencing some irritation under the watch. It hurt, but there was no mark on my skin. It was relatively loose and was being moved by my shirt and coat sleeve as I walked, and I suddenly experienced a sharp pain. I looked and there was no mark, but my arm was sore under the watch, so I removed it. Now I'm worried about using it again. Has anyone else had this happen?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Marylily. Thank you for your report.

I went ahead and created a case for you. Our team will contact you soon.

Please check your email. 

Best Answer

1000006567.jpg

Best Answer

Hi @ABCOMBS1228 - most likely not radiation but can be allergic reaction if worn for the first time or frictional burn if you did a lot of repetitive movements in dusty or sweaty conditions.

Stop wearing it on that wrist till it clears and make sure the watch is kept clean and dry and possibly worn tighter to reduce friction and irritation.

Fitbit take this seriously so maybe also chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_, Thank you for your help. 

@ABCOMBS1228, A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your report.

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting you via email for further assistance . 

You'll get an email soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to thank the user who suggested a piece of tape on the bottom of the watch. I too have ‘expensive’ ear lobes so when I read your fix I gave it a try. No more rash 😊

Best Answer

@Linda.Meza , A warm welcome to the Community !Thank you for sharing the solution that help you. 

Should you encounter the issue again, please do not hesitate to contact Support. They'll be more than glad to have a look at it and provide further assistance

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

suddenly a painful wrist, redare under fitbit looks like a burn! Caused by overheated battery? 

IMG_0613.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes