Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit symbols/icons and their meanings

ANSWERED

Hi Everyone,

As I flip through my watch, I see some symbols that I do not know the meaning of... is there a photo of the symbols that tell me the meaning i.e a guide that I can refernce ?

Like what is the flame with a number under it?
or the lighting bolt? or the man with his leg bent and arms up?
Christina

Moderator edit: format and title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

Most of the icons you can see on your Fitbit will be found here: How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Additional symbols for stats including sleep, exercise, water and food intake, weight, and menstrual health are here:  How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?

If you have questions about any of those or any other let us know. 😉

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

Flame is calorie burn

Heart is for Heart rate

lighting bolt is active minutes

Shoes are steps

Stairs are floors

guy is your 250 and hour

dont know what to call the last symbol but it has MI in it which is your Miles

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Wendy, under my running man it says the number 30...is that for number of minutes it took me to reach my 250/hr? It can't be number of hours, right? As there are only 24 in a day? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it say 30/250?  It means 30 steps of the 250 are done.

Best Answer

I only have my tracker set up for 9am-5pm, and at 7.15 this evening it said 30, and now it says 250 (at 7.55pm) -does it continue to track after the specified hours?

Best Answer

I started using mine today too. It appears the counter rests at 250/250 after the hourly goal end but the steps for the day counter keeps recording.

Best Answer

What is 250/hr mean? And what does active minutes mean?

Best Answer

They are the same symbols that are used in the app. 

Best Answer

I've noticed that it does continue to count your hourly steps on the device (up to 250) when outside of the hours you chose, but only those you picked will show up in the active/hours per hour tile. I still think showing it is motivation. 250/hour is the number of steps they want you to take per hour (it stops showing you, once you reach 250 as well, no matter how many you get in the hour).

Best Answer

IMG_20170103_222110.png

Found this! And for everyone else who needs it

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should all those icons be on my fit bit?   I only see the 250 steps per hour on my app. as well as the stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have half of those options on mine either 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my charge 2 I have a heart with the number 73 underneath but it also has a flashing circle of dots around it. Does anyone know what that means? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, that is your heart rate. You can change your 'face' by going into your app and hitting the charge two symbol then it has a list- clock face is third down, swipe to see different options

Best Answer
0 Votes

The guy with the 250 is how many of the 250 step per hour goal you have taken. So, 30/250 means you have taken 30 out of the 250 steps in an hour.  Also the Hourly Activity tile on your dashboard shows the number of hours you met your goal so far today.
User-added image

Best Answer

The man running with numbers under it is how many times you have exercised within that week

Best Answer

Hi. With regards to the flame symbol and how many calories you have burnt, do you know if you can change the display unit on the band to calories instead of kj? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Due to neuropathy caused by five back surgeries, I have difficulty walking, BUT, I can ride a bicycle!  I wish there were an app for that.  (Hey, that would be a great line in a country song!)  Don't go stealing that now because my grandson is a song writer, and I'm giving that sentence to him>

Best Answer

Mapmyride or Strava both track bicycling @fchammer1

Best Answer