Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit symbols/icons and their meanings

ANSWERED

Hi Everyone,

As I flip through my watch, I see some symbols that I do not know the meaning of... is there a photo of the symbols that tell me the meaning i.e a guide that I can refernce ?

Like what is the flame with a number under it?
or the lighting bolt? or the man with his leg bent and arms up?
Christina

Moderator edit: format and title for clarity 

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

I don't know why it is so hard for Fitbit to do this.  Come on Fitbit....Do better.

Here is something I found on the web, it is the closest thing I've found.  

Fitbit Icons and Meanings (fyicenter.com)

Best Answer

Personalized heart-rate zones help you target the training intensity of your choice. (3 Arrows on top of each other).

Earn Active Zone Minutes for time spent in the fat burn, cardio, or peak heart-rate zones. 

For more information, see What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device? and How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device?

To start, your goal is to earn 150 Active Zone Minutes each week. The American Heart Association and World Health Organization recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity, or a combination of both, each week. If you earn an average of 22 Active Zone Minutes daily, you meet these recommendations, but you can change your goal based on your needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe that is calories.  But I agree, there should be a page with the icons and what they mean.  

Best Answer

What does an ! on the screen mean?  I've tried resetting it,but nothing. I can't get past that "!".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks that was useful. I've a couple of questions though.

1. What does the thumbs up 👍 sign with a number against it signify on the main screen after you tap the no of steps, heart rate and distance in kms?

2. How does one activate calculation of heart bpm? The resting bpm has already been populated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

“Most” why not all?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The arrows pointing up signifies your active minutes!

Best Answer

I had the lightning symbol then the yoga symbol

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK! after numerous searches i have found THE ICON IDENTIFYER!!

https://www.chronoat.com/fitbit-symbol-icons-meaning-explained-2022/

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The blue flame with a number next to it is calories burnt, I don't know how they figure that out but it's kinda helpful for morale

Hope this helped 

Best Answer

This answer is effectively useless.  The OP asked for a resource they could use to determine the meaning of the various symbols/icons that are displayed on her FitBit.  This answer does not provide that information at all.  Like I said originally, useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, ref your question, I wonder if getting or making some sort of extender strap that you could possibly attached round an ankle might help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes