Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the visible name on community board?

ANSWERED

When I set-up my flex I set-up a user name but it has a typo. I can't figure out how to change it and can't find it in "help" anywhere. Anyone know???

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39
Why do I keep getting this. I NEVER asked to change my name. You have the
wrong person.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted this weeks ago, I have no clue why you keep getting it and I never asked about changing my name, clueless.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MzHawks90 I assume you are talking about your dashboard and not the forums

DASHBOARD ONLY: click on the gear and select settings. At the top you should see your name. That's where to change it. Please make sure it is correct before scrolling to the bottom to save it.

You can only change it every 60 days

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

It only allows for changing the first name.  It’s the initial for the last name that needs changing and unable to do so.  As it’s seems impossible to do I’m gonna be fine with the last initial in fact I’m rather fond of it now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just changed mine with no problem

Try clearing your Cache

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Please reset mine. I just created it. I haven’t posted anything except this. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I set up my account last night and used a “filler” name for the forum/community figuring I’d come back and change it later. It turns out I can’t change it. A search shows that I have to contact a moderator, but I can’t locate a “send message” button on any moderator’s profile.

Could someone please tell me how to send a message or ping a current moderator or tell me next steps? It sounds like in the past moderators have been able to resolve this, but Fit Support may not have been able to.

Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit Hi Matthew, please see my post above. I’d like the name to be JaguarGirl. Thank you for help!

Best Answer

@JaguarGirl  Done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @MatthewFitbit

I appreciate it!

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit Can you change mine to please? I would like it to be spelled correctly. I’ve had my Fitbit for a long time but I hadn't logged into the community until last year. When I signed up for Community I didn’t realize you couldn’t change your name and I accidentally spelled my name wrong from my phone. I was at work and I was in a hurry...lol... so I’ve been stuck with Shelbt ever since. If you could please correct it to Shelby I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shelby Your username should be fixed now.

Best Answer

Along similar lines, I would like to change form a "Jogger" to a "Bike Rider" (or whatever a person who rides a bike is called).

Never jogged a day in my life!

Best Answer

Now I'm a Recovery Runner! What's going on?

I'm not entering any of this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

rhodgkin,

Those are "ranks" that tell people how active you are in the Fitbit Community - in other words, how often you post here. They have nothing to do with what kind of exercise you do. You went from "jogger" to "recovery runner" because you posted something, and that changed your rank. Here is a good thread that explains it all:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Community-Basics/About-Community-Ranks/td-p/272000

Best Answer

Thanks betpchem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can not be changed in the Community😶

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

@MatthewFitbit I was wondering that would you be so kind as to change my Community username to HarrisTweed87 as well? Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Thomas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MatthewFitbit i did the same as JaguarGirl. I just created mine last night, please change my forum name to wapgutn to NinB. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes