Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop receiving Personal e-mails from the Community

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My personal e-mail is being over run with Community e-mail. I would like to visit some of these groups but do it on this web site not in my home e-mail. Please help me get off the personal e-mailing list.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Eyagoz Sorry you had trouble customizing your preferences - hopefully I can help.

1. While on the Community, click your profile picture at the top-right of the page.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Click Subscriptions & Notifications from the navigation bar that appears.
  4. Once you are done there, click Notification Settings from the subnavigation bar underneath that, so that you are looking at a screen like this: 

All posts.png

1. If you do not want to automatically be subscribed to threads when you post, uncheck the box next to Automatically subscribe me to all topics I participate in.
  2. If you'd prefer not to receive any notification emails, look in the lower section, labeled Email Notifications, and change any or all of those to Never.

Hopefully that clears things up for you. If you need more help, let me know where you are getting stuck.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9
Go into your profile (icon at top of dashboard), then click "view account settings", then click the "notification" tab on the left. Here you can specify what, if any, emails you want to receive
Best Answer

Also, make sure that when you post, you uncheck the "email me when someone replies" in the upper right corner.  Ans you can "unsubscribe" entire topics too, by using "topic options->Unsubscribe"

Best Answer

Im getting 1000S of emails ever day how do I stop this

Best Answer

As others have said, make sure to check your subscription settings.

This FAQ section will help you do this. You may want to change your account settings so that you are not automatically subscribed to every topic in which you participate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to make all of the emails stop once and for all about two weeks ago.  I tried all of the suggestions below, but the emails did not stop completely until I did the following:

In Fitbit Community click on "Settings", then "Community Preferences", and uncheck the box next to "Automatically Subscribe me to Topics I Participate In".  

Once I unchecked the box all of the emails to my personal email account stopped.  I think Fitbit needs to change this to an Opt In situation rather that making people have to hunt for a way to make it stop.

Best Answer
Well it does have 'email me when someone replies' that you can untick when you send a message
Best Answer

You can change this setting within your account, so that the checkbox defaults to never being checked. That way, you won't need to remember to uncheck it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to unsubscribe, changed my preference to no emails...didn't see all of the options mentioned above--but clicked on every button I could find.  Saved and got out--and immediately got 2 more emails.  I'm about ready to junk the whole program.  The only thing I could click on in the one forum I started was that I found a solution.  At least I have unchecked to get replies from THIS post.  All I can say is it is stupid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Eyagoz Sorry you had trouble customizing your preferences - hopefully I can help.

1. While on the Community, click your profile picture at the top-right of the page.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Click Subscriptions & Notifications from the navigation bar that appears.
  4. Once you are done there, click Notification Settings from the subnavigation bar underneath that, so that you are looking at a screen like this: 

All posts.png

1. If you do not want to automatically be subscribed to threads when you post, uncheck the box next to Automatically subscribe me to all topics I participate in.
  2. If you'd prefer not to receive any notification emails, look in the lower section, labeled Email Notifications, and change any or all of those to Never.

Hopefully that clears things up for you. If you need more help, let me know where you are getting stuck.

Best Answer