Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 month free Premium trial with Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded from a charge 4 to a 5.  I expected to receive the 6 month Premium trial, but I am only provided with options to pay.   I have cleared cache and cookies, logged out , restarted my iPhone 7 and still only options to pay are displayed.  

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In the top right corner. Or under the below link to help, or under the link to help in the fitbit app, will be links to contact support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Willow21 

Have you just got the Charge 5? 

The free trial should be popping up.  In order to get it though, you have to provide a method of payment, such as a credit card, to use after the trial ends.  Quite a few free trials are like that.  They get your payment details and then if you don't cancel before the trial ends, you start paying. 

I can understand why companies do it that way, but I find it off-putting and didn't end up doing it myself.  I just checked and I've missed the window for it now.

Best Answer

I am wondering whether it doesn't work for current Premium members.  I even cancelled my current subscription (exp. in 2 weeks) to see if it would make it pop up but nothing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mwukelic 

I have seen on here that people who already have a Premium subscription DO qualify for the free trial.  Once yours expires, the offer should pop up for you, don’t worry!

Incidentally, as a non-Premium person who missed my window for the free trial, another one has started popping up again.  It looks like they’re really keen on rolling out the free trials these days.

Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback. I have since learned that I have to let my current subscription expire (not just cancelling) and then the offer will pop up.  Also, I was told that my data will still be there when I resubscribe.  Again, thanks!

Best Answer

If you all ready have premium, you will need to cancel before you can start a the free trial. 

If you are already in the middle of a free trial, you will have to wait until the free trial expires. 

I also have moved this premium question out of hardware support and into premium support. 

Best Answer

I provided my card details and was charged for a 1 year subscription on day 1 of the free trial. That’s not what a trial period is supposed to do.

Best Answer

@crewie and when you contacted fitbit what was the response? 

Best Answer
I haven’t received a successful response yet. They are asking a thousand
questions --
Mark Crewe
Best Answer
0 Votes

What if my free trial that I cancelled goes past the date I need to use my Charge 5 trial by? Will they still honor it? I have until the end of February to sign up for my free 6 months with my new Charge 5. I was in a free trial, which I cancelled today. However, it says I will still have my original free trial until March 12th. 

Best Answer

When canceling a paid premium the account stays open until the next billing date. 

Your free account is played up for 6 months. Canceling now simply means that at the end of the 6 months you will not be charged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have a paid account yet. I did the free trial, then got a new Charge 5 for Christmas. I think I have 60 days from when I set that up to sign up for my 6 months free. However, I don’t see the option to even set that up, as my original free trial that I just cancelled is still ongoing. So now I’m worried that when that ends, it will be too late to use the 6 months that comes with my Charge 5. 

Best Answer

In the top right corner. Or under the below link to help, or under the link to help in the fitbit app, will be links to contact support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too just purchased a Charge 5 to replace my Charge 3 that quit working. I had signed up for 3 months of Premium February and it ends Nay 9th. My Charge 5 came with 6 months free but I don’t see it showing up as being added to my current membership and I’m afraid I’ll lose out on the offer. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem but after like 2 days of back and forth with customer service a “higher up” explained what you need to do which is simple but not explained on the app at all. 

“To redeem it, you need to sign up in the Fitbit app through your phone's app store. Please select a payment plan and tap "Subscribe" from the screen that is shown on the screenshot you previously provided us. Your phone's app store confirmation screen will appear and please confirm that you are receiving the Fitbit Premium trial before completing the signup process.”

Im an apple users once I hit subscribe for the year before you double click the side button you should see “6 month trail” then the date they will charge you for the year or month whichever one you selected. 

Best Answer

491C8721-F8C4-4B26-9550-6D70635FE643.jpeg

I forgot to upload a picture. This what it should look like before and after you confirm 

Best Answer

That totally worked! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I found on their website: "If the Fitbit device you purchased indicates that it includes a trial to Fitbit Premium, but you are currently a Fitbit Premium member, then you must cancel your Premium subscription in order to be able to activate the trial. About 1-3 days after your canceled subscription expires, you’ll see an offer in the Fitbit app to begin the trial. For instructions on how to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, see How do I manage or cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?"

I guess I will see after November 10th 

Best Answer
0 Votes