Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add my Premium subscription if I buy a new Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I already have the premium subscription on my Versa 2. If I buy a new device can that subscription transfer over to the new device?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @steamgeek, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for raising this good question about your Premium Subscription, I'll glad to answer your inquiry. 

As @Odyssey13 said, Premium is associated with the user's account, not their device. As long as you pair their new device to the same account, you will still have Premium.

Let us know if you have any questions present, we'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @steamgeek  couldn't find the information on the article about Premium, so I asked a moderator to stop by to address this. I would think that the subscription goes to the user name, not the actual device. If you got a new Fitbit, you'd remove the old one, so the account would continue with the current device on the account. Good question and might help others in the same situation. Maybe they can include this question in the FAQ article.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi there @steamgeek, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for raising this good question about your Premium Subscription, I'll glad to answer your inquiry. 

As @Odyssey13 said, Premium is associated with the user's account, not their device. As long as you pair their new device to the same account, you will still have Premium.

Let us know if you have any questions present, we'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you. I will try it after my Versa 3 is fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an Inspire with an active Premium Membership that should be good through December 2021.  I just purchased a Sense for additional health metrics (and the numbers on the screen are big enough to read).  My new sense came with a 6 month free Premium trial.  If I activate it will it add on to the Premium membership I have, or do I just lose what was already paid for with the Inspire?   

Best Answer

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I have the same exact situation about to happen with Christmas. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner. If you get a new Fitbit with a Premium Membership included on Christmas, you can keep your current Premium membership until expires and make sure to cancel it before it expires to get the benefit of the free Premium membership included with your new device. 

I hope this information helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 5 comes with a free six-month Premium Membership that must be activated within 60 days of activating the tracker. However, I have an existing membership that does not expire within those 60 days. Can I get my current subscription extended by those six free months?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @AngieChain, Thank you for sharing your Premium Membership inquiry.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering this same thing.  I have a little clip-on fitbit with a year of premium that doesn't expire for like 8 months and am thinking of buying a better model that also comes with 6 months premium ... just wondering if I should hold out to get the most bang for my buck premium-wise? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @bigpeachybee. Thank you for sharing your Fitbit Premium and device upgrade inquiry.

Since the Fitbit device you're planning to purchase indicates that it includes a trial to Fitbit Premium, but you are currently a Fitbit Premium member, then you must cancel your Premium subscription in order to be able to activate the trial. About 1-3 days after your canceled subscription expires, you’ll see an offer in the Fitbit app to begin the trial. For instructions on how to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, see How do I manage or cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

Best Answer
0 Votes