Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you watch Premium workouts on desktop?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know I can watch the workout videos from the app on my phone. But my phone is small. I want to watch the videos from the big monitor I have on my desk. Is it possible? I am talking about the videos within Fitbit Premium, NOT the Fitbit Coach videos. 

Thanks. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

After reading these comments I decided to try something with my desktop computer.  I used the "your phone"  Windows 10 app to open the fitbit app.  I was then able to watch the videos on my computer from my android phone.  I have not yet signed up for premium but I was able to watch the free videos.  I assume it will also work with the premium ones once I sign up.  I hope this is helpful for others.  It would still be nice to cast to my tv but this works for me in the interim.

Best Answer

Is there an android version of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just signed up for Premium and am also disappointed the Premium workout videos are only available on my phone.  Very difficult to follow that way. They would be much more usable viewed on the larger screen on my laptop. 

Best Answer

I ended up buying the iPhone Lightening to Digital AV adapter...using the said adapter you can connect the iPhone to the TV using a HDMI cable...not the cheapest solution but works well and I can use it for any other content on the iPhone that I want to watch on a larger screen (plus didn't see Fitbit providing a solution any time soon)...hope that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your suggestion. But I have an Android phone. Still looking
for a solution.
Best Answer

@Neyaandcollin May I suggest to use a chromecast on your TV? You can then share your workout on the big screen (I use this solution)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank yiu for the idea. Will try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Firestick. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Araym13 MAC/IPhone fix worked for me too! It would be nice if Fitbit rewarded her a new band for taking the time to respond. I'm sure many others have benefited from her post as we wait for Fitbit to solve the problem with a cast-to-screen button.😀

Best Answer

Now that FitBit is bought by Google maybe Google will fix this issue!

Best Answer

So glad it worked for you as well! And appreciate the nudge haha! I recently upgraded my very old Charge 3 for a Verse (which comes with 6 months premium so may try this again) and will be interested to see what the google buyout does for this, as @anneszy refers to below! 

Either way it's still frustrating that they haven't fixed this in this long! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love if there was a way to get the Fitbit Premium apps on the desktop /laptop.  User should be able to have similar experiences regardless of device.

Best Answer

WOW for the price this is EXTEMELY disappointing. Us older folks have a very hard time following the workout on a small phone and not everyone has a tablet.  I LOVED it when it was fitbit coach and I could play it on my computer.  I will use other programs from now on 😞

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

I wanted to jump in and share that you're able to cast Premium workouts if you have an Android device, learn more about it by checking this idea.

If you have an iOS device and you'd like that this could be a feature in the future, vote and comment on this idea: Casting Premium workouts on TV screen or laptop (iOS), they are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Also, I'd invite you to visit this article to learn all about the Premium features you'll have if you subscribe. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Today I tried to mirror my iPhone to my MacBook pro through Quicktime and that works! You can start a new movie recording (click file and then new movie recording) and make sure the sound in on.

Next I'll try to drag the recording to a larger screen. Now I can finally watch all those premium videos.

Best Answer

@HannahOud It's great to see you participating in the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate the time you took to share the procedure you followed in order to view Premium workouts on  your MacBook. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

You are a genius!  Excellent instructions even i, an oldster, could follow,!  Seeing the  date on your post was >a year ago, i guess fitbit hasn’t come up with a solution to this problem yet. After a year, i suppose they won’t, but i appreciate your work around. Yhank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they ever fix this? I'm trying to find it on my laptop and am unable too. I cant watch and do workouts on my smartphone!

Best Answer

Hi, Theanie. I was able to follow the instructions from a previous post, but i don’t know how to link the post, so i copied and pasted aryam’s previous post. (PLEASE THANK HER, NOT ME,). Her ‘workaround’ worked for me:

Hey all - found a workaround (this may not work for android users and/or if you are mixing iphone with a PC BUT if you're using an iphone AND mac, this should work - thanks to my fab partner for helping me figure this out): 

1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using your lighting to USB cable

2. Open Quicktime on your Mac

3. Click on File in the menu bar at the top of the screen

4. Scroll down to "New Movie Recording" & select

5. Next to the red record button (lower middle) click on the down arrow. You should see your iPhone named in the list & be able to select. (If you don't see it try disconnecting & reconnecting your phone - that's what I had to do)

6. iPhone is selected & your phone is fully mirrored on your computer

7. If you don't hear anything, you'll need to change the Microphone (also the down arrow by the red record button) to your iPhone device name... it takes a second but then sound comes through too. 

There are also some third party apps that do this, although I didn't find any for free. 

Another possibility that requires a bit more hardware if you aren't an iPhone and/or Mac user: you'll need the correct dongles, but you should be able to use a lightning dongle, for example, from an iPhone and the dongle convert to HDMI or 9pin, and you can port that directly into your monitor... could be some hiccups with this, but hopefully that's helpful. 

If the above doesn't work, try the other options listed in the article where I got the instructions listed: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-mirror-iphone-to-mac?amp

Best Answer

I dont know what. kind of computer you have or if this has been said.   So I apologize if it has.  If you have the latest software update on your iPhone you drag down from the upper right hand corner and press the screen mirroring button.  There you will see all the devices that are on the same wifi that you could connect to. 

Best Answer