Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Deepak Chopra Mindfulness sessions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I was disappointed to see a message in my Fitbit app with Deepak Chopra's face and promoting some kind of health or wellness feature using his name.

The man uses pseudo scientific terms to obscure the fact that he promotes mysticism that offers false hopes for cures that don't exist.

He claims you can prevent and reverse cataracts by brushing your teeth, scraping your tongue, spitting into a cup of water, and washing your eyes for a few minutes with some mixture he's concocted. He claims, "contrary to our traditional notions of aging, we can learn to direct the way our bodies metabolize time" in order to live longer. He claims that allergies are usually caused by poor digestion. He claims he can determine your body's health "balance" by taking your pulse.

He uses words he doesn't even understand from the field of quantum physics to come up with insane claims that the mind heals by harmonizing or balancing the "quantum mechanical body". He mixes terminology from quantum science with yogic practices to concoct a completely false narrative about spiritualism and physical health as if it had any rational basis at all.

Fitbit as a company, and a product, is doing itself a massive disservice to its credibility be associating with this man who is, at best, delusional, and at worst a deliberate snake oil salesman.

This is an absolute deal breaker for me. If I see Deepak Chopra in any way endorsed by Fitbit, I am out. I would not be able to trust that the makers of Fitbit are building their products with legitimate scientific foundations if they are also prone to buying into this man's complete bull**ahem**.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Dave_M_G Hi there. I've moved your post to this board, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments about these mindfulness workouts, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

You could find more information about Fitbit technology and other info from the Fitbit Blog or main Fitbit website. If you'd like that these workouts could be removed, post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

SilviaFitbit,

I appreciate you moving my post to the correct board. However, I do not think it was appropriate of you to edit my choice of words for the title. It is one thing to organize, it's another thing to put words in another person's mouth.

I will post to the feature suggestion board, but I am not sure you are really addressing the issue. Does Fitbit endorse Deepak Chopra and his approach to wellness? That's what I want to know. If Fitbit allies itself with Deepak Chopra, then I can not take Fitbit seriously as a device that uses science as the basis of its features and services.

Best Answer

@Dave_M_G Thank you for getting back. 

Take into consideration that the Fitbit Community forums are a place to connect with Fitbit friends and a staff in a welcoming environment of support, learning and inspiration to live a healthier, more active life. 

Be sure that your comments are always taken into consideration and your feedback is appreciated. 

Have a good weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbitThank you for responding, but I'm not sure what your comment has to do with anything I have said so far. It feels like a form letter used by support staff to politely dismiss topics.

Anyway, I can see this is not likely to go anywhere. Deepak Chopra is seriously problematic for many reasons, and for me, Fitbit endorsing him is a reason for me to stop purchasing or using Fitbit products. I hope that Fitbit will correct its course and not endorse his brand of pseudoscience, but, I doubt that will happen so it's best I just use another brand.

Best Answer