Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Coach will become part of Fitbit Premium

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To the Fitbit Coach community,

Fitbit Coach is now becoming part of Fitbit Premium. Fitbit remains committed to providing all the tools you need to live a healthier, more active lifestyle. To give you more choices for working out as well as the range of additional features check out Fitbit Premium. With the Fitbit Coach workout content now in the Fitbit app, and to allow you to use one app going forward, we’ll shut down the Coach mobile app, Coach website and Coach app on Fitbit smartwatches on July 30, 2021. 

If you’re currently paying for a Coach membership, here’s what you can expect:

• Annual members— you’ll soon receive a prorated refund of the remainder of your Coach membership
  • Monthly members— you won’t incur any further monthly membership charges

As an exclusive offer to support Coach members through this transition, if you’re not already a Fitbit Premium member, you can try Fitbit Premium for a full year at no additional cost if you sign up by July 30, 2021. 

To start your Premium trial, make sure you download the Fitbit app and log into your account before you get started (you must use the same email address for Fitbit Coach and the Fitbit app to take advantage of this offer). Then, open the Coach app on your phone and tap the message at the top of the screen to start your Premium trial.

Have questions? Click here for more information.

Thank you for being a loyal Coach member, and we look forward to continuing to support your health and fitness goals. 

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

I really love the way the coach workouts are set up, with individual workout sections you can redo and with the guidance from the trainer. Will this change when they get moved to Fitbit premium and will they have their own tab?

Always look up, being thankful is easy 🙂
Best Answer

Hi,

I'm using Fitbit coach since years now because of the personalized trainings and feedback functions. 

I don't see how this is implemented in Fitbit premium. So far only a video collection is available under Fitbit premium. This is not the same! 

And what will happen to my statistics? So far I have 460 trainings in Fitbit coach. Will they be transferred into Fitbit premium? 

Thanks 

Gabriele 

Best Answer

And why isn't anyone from Fitbit responding on this thread? 

Best Answer

Can we get some clarification if Fitbit Coach guided workout programs will carry over? The current guided programs and workout videos are in no form replacement for Coach's workout programs, and if that's not going to carryover then I'd like a refund on premium subscription....this isn't why I shelled out $100

Best Answer

Hi!

I have heard that Fitbit coach will become part of Fitbit premium but I just want to clarify something:

Will I be able to use Fitbit coach on a computer (Either downloading the Fitbit app or using the web)?

Thanks!

Thomas
Best Answer

Figured out that there is a casting feature on the Android app, it's just really well hidden (don't know for other app versions). In the Coach app it is front and center when you open an exercise. In the Fitbit app you have to start an exercise video, tap the screen while it's playing, it will then display a Chromecast icon in the upper right corner, and tap that to start casting to your Chromecast. I haven't yet found a way in the app to connect to my Chromecast before I start a video, something I can do with the Coach app. Hence my initial confusion and completely missing this functionality with how hidden it is. Would have been nice if someone at Fitbit had dropped this info...

I am, however, like a lot of folks here, still waiting on clarification on what is going to happen with the tailored exercises. The Coach app gave you custom made exercises for your level. And on the Coach site you can see what your levels are so you know how well you're progressing. Nothing I can find clarifies this. And the silence from Fitbit is not confidence inspiring.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience while we sought answers to your questions.

If you’re a Fitbit Coach subscriber looking for personalized workouts in the Fitbit app, note that these sessions are not part of Fitbit Premium.

Fitbit Premium now includes more than 40 Fitbit Coach workouts. The services also provide a wide variety of content, including: 

• 200+ audio and video workouts from Fitbit and leading fitness brands, such as Aaptiv, Daily Burn, obé, Physique 57 and POPSUGAR
  • 150+ meditations and mindfulness sessions to calm your mind day or night, including sessions from Breethe, Deepak Chopra, and Ten Percent Happier
  • 60+ pieces of nutrition content from Fitbit and EatingWell magazine to get quick inspiration for healthy meals and curated recipes to help you balance all aspects of your wellness journey

To help you find your favorite workouts, and maybe try something new, you can explore by category: Open the Fitbit app > Discover tab > Workouts, and then select a category to explore, such as Full Body, Dumbbell Workouts, Under 15 Minutes, and many more. 

Best Answer

Thank you for clarifying and justifing why I will stop my premium subscription. All these you have mentionned are avaible for FREE all over the internet. I am not looking for repetitive videos that are always the same. I am using Premium for the custom workouts that evolves as I go. I think Fitbit is shooting themselves in the foot with this one. 

Good luck

Best Answer

Same here, the personalised workouts were the reason I went for Coach. If that functionality isn't there I do not have a reason to pay 80 euro per year for Premium. Which is over twice what the Coach app cost and is without this feature. Why would I pay that for exercise videos that aren't tailored to me when there are free apps that do that?

And I do not care for finding "your favorite workouts, and maybe try something new". I can count the times I did that in Coach on one hand over the years that I paid for Coach. The core feature of that entire service was the personalised exercises. That worked a treat if you're working on steadily getting better or for reaching/maintaining a certain level.

How this was handled by Fitbit has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The same day you announced this to your users is also the same day you cancelled my Coach subscription. You decided that Premium is what we wanted. You never asked for our input on what we would need in Premium. Whats worse is that the coach app has the code and all the infrastructure supporting personalised exercises but you decided to not integrate this into Premium. And remember this promise?

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active

You broke that by doing what you're doing right now.

Best Answer

I am canceling too. There are other apps/services that say they adapt based on feedback and I will test them out. Fitbod, BodBot and Volt come to mind (though I haven't fully tested them yet). Bye bye Lea. It was fun while it lasted.

I still think Fitbit makes a very good watch/device. I have looked at Apple/Galaxy and the <24 hour battery life is not for me. Garmin and Amazfit may be OK but I already own the Sense so no need to switch.

Hey Fitbit - I assume I get a pro-rated refund on my $80 annual membership seeing that you are removing services? How does that happen?

Best Answer

> Fitbit Premium now includes more than 40 Fitbit Coach workouts.

As many have pointed out, pre-recorded workout videos are not equivalent to personalized workout mix that Coach creates.

To help you find your favorite workouts, and maybe try something new, you can explore by category: Open the Fitbit app > Discover tab > Workouts, and then select a category to explore, such as Full BodyDumbbell WorkoutsUnder 15 Minutes, and many more.

If you had read previous replies you would find many of us have already pointed out and explained why these aren't real replacements. I still stand by those arguments.

Maybe for some people substituting Coach for Premium isn't as impactful, but it is for me because that was the main marketing reason for which I signed up for premium subscription. The service for which I had paid for has changed to a degree where I no longer find it valuable. I'd like to refund my subscription please.

Best Answer

So disappointing, for all the reasons that others have already outlined.

As well, I use the FitStar Yoga app which has great content from Tara Stiles. None of that content has been migrated to the Fitbit main app. There are some yoga videos, but the content is spotty and seems to be produced by a bunch of different people in different styles.

Guess I'll be dropping my subscription, too.

Best Answer

I have tried a couple of workouts out of Fitbit Premium and through my phone.  Using my phone to workout with is like a vision test.  Also, the work outs are not customized for me.  I have been a member of Fitbit Coach for 4 years and I do not appreciate this change.  I also am interested in cancelling my Premium subscription and getting a refund.  I am very disappointed that this change happened right after I purchased my 3rd Fitbit tracker.  I am now no longer a loyal member of Fitbit.  

Best Answer

@gadgetfreak wrote:

Hey Fitbit - I assume I get a pro-rated refund on my $80 annual membership seeing that you are removing services? How does that happen?

@gadgetfreak Yes, all annual Coach subscribers will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the membership. This is expected to happen within the next 30 days, and no action is required from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@gadgetfreak wrote:

@gadgetfreak Yes, all annual Coach subscribers will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the membership. This is expected to happen within the next 30 days, and no action is required from you.

That answer is incorrect. Gadgetfreak is talking about their Premium subscription, not a Coach subscription. The mentioned price should have told you that. If you have a Coach subscription you will get a refund for the remaining time of your subscription. There is no mention anywhere of compensation for Premium members for the removal of Coach features.

Best Answer

I have Tara Stiles Yoga Freestyle sessions as my daily yoga routine. I am still in shock that THE best Yoga app and sessions out there were killed by fitbit.

This is the moment for me to trash my Fitbit Trackers and cancel all things Fitbit!

Will Tara have her own app elsewhere? Does anyone know?

Best Answer

I tried Volt Athletics today and it's not what I'm looking for. There is no Chromecast functionality and it assumes you are already familiar with the exercises it is giving you. There's no audio instructions while doing the exercises and I haven't yet found a rep sound to help with the correct pace. It's also very steeply priced at $99.99 per year. Will work a treat if you're an experienced athlete but definitely not aimed at regular folks.

The experience with Fitbod is even worse. Though it is more reasonably priced at $59.99 it's even more confusing to try to use. Though it, just like Volt, does have videos it doesn't show them during the exercise (something Volt does do). There was no instructions or indicators whatsoever when starting a workout.

This again highlights how fit for purpose Coach was for home usage. I used it quite happily as an addition to my home trainer and mountain bike rides. Filled the gap nicely what I needed for some simple strength and cardio training.

Best Answer

I noticed a feature request that someone made for transitioning the guided workouts to Premium. Voting on it might get the attention of Fitbit.

Best Answer

This is so disappointing, the gradually more difficult and taylored workouts that grow with you were the whole point of Coach and Yoga, and what made it so great! There's literally no point in paying for Premium without that there. So you'll be losing my subscription, sadly.

Even using the workouts in the main Fitbit app is very difficult, because there's no proper iPad sized app for it.

There must be some similar apps out there that do the same thing? Any ideas anyone? Happy to pay.

Really disappointed in this decision.

Best Answer

So… is Apple giving me a pro-rated refund, ‘cause that is where I have my subscription to “Coach Premium?”

Best Answer