Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Coach will become part of Fitbit Premium

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To the Fitbit Coach community,

Fitbit Coach is now becoming part of Fitbit Premium. Fitbit remains committed to providing all the tools you need to live a healthier, more active lifestyle. To give you more choices for working out as well as the range of additional features check out Fitbit Premium. With the Fitbit Coach workout content now in the Fitbit app, and to allow you to use one app going forward, we’ll shut down the Coach mobile app, Coach website and Coach app on Fitbit smartwatches on July 30, 2021. 

If you’re currently paying for a Coach membership, here’s what you can expect:

• Annual members— you’ll soon receive a prorated refund of the remainder of your Coach membership
  • Monthly members— you won’t incur any further monthly membership charges

As an exclusive offer to support Coach members through this transition, if you’re not already a Fitbit Premium member, you can try Fitbit Premium for a full year at no additional cost if you sign up by July 30, 2021. 

To start your Premium trial, make sure you download the Fitbit app and log into your account before you get started (you must use the same email address for Fitbit Coach and the Fitbit app to take advantage of this offer). Then, open the Coach app on your phone and tap the message at the top of the screen to start your Premium trial.

Have questions? Click here for more information.

Thank you for being a loyal Coach member, and we look forward to continuing to support your health and fitness goals. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience while we sought answers to your questions.

If you’re a Fitbit Coach subscriber looking for personalized workouts in the Fitbit app, note that these sessions are not part of Fitbit Premium.

Fitbit Premium now includes more than 40 Fitbit Coach workouts. The services also provide a wide variety of content, including: 

• 200+ audio and video workouts from Fitbit and leading fitness brands, such as Aaptiv, Daily Burn, obé, Physique 57 and POPSUGAR
  • 150+ meditations and mindfulness sessions to calm your mind day or night, including sessions from Breethe, Deepak Chopra, and Ten Percent Happier
  • 60+ pieces of nutrition content from Fitbit and EatingWell magazine to get quick inspiration for healthy meals and curated recipes to help you balance all aspects of your wellness journey

To help you find your favorite workouts, and maybe try something new, you can explore by category: Open the Fitbit app > Discover tab > Workouts, and then select a category to explore, such as Full Body, Dumbbell Workouts, Under 15 Minutes, and many more. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

Now that Fitbit Coach will be removed, how do I find the same personalized exercises that I have with Coach? So far I see the videos but that is not what I am looking for. I want to keep that custom build I have with Coach. I hope this will be included in the Fitbit app, this is the main reason I paid premium for.

Thanks

Best Answer

Check the Fitbit Coach page and you will read

Fitbit Coach –.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also received an email about it. It said all workouts are migrated to Premium. But I cannot find my favourite ones on there

Best Answer

Exactly!  The programs in coach are brilliant - a different set of exercises each day without me having to scroll through loads trying to work out which ones to use.  If it hasn't got the programs it would be no use to me - and very retrograde to reduce facilities for users. 

Best Answer

There are some 'guided programs' but they don't seem quite as useful or easy to use?

Best Answer

I quote @FeenX888 100%. Coach is not (only) a collection of workouts but an algorithm that, based on performances and personal evaluation of the efforts, tunes the following workout to suit your needs. The email we received and the banner on top of Fitbit Coach do not give much hope that the same experience will be provided in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Just saw that Fitbit Coach is shutting down, will Fitbit Premium have the personalized workout component of Coach or is it just going to have the pre-made workouts? I'm not interested in paying for a service that gets rid of the entire reason I was using Fitstar to begin with.

Best Answer

Agreed, if this isn't included, there's no way I'm paying for premium. If I just wanted a collection of workouts, there are a ton of other apps I could use. The personalized workouts are what make Coach stand out as something different.

Best Answer

I am subscribing to this thread. Frankly I am surprised there is no further clarification on this. I also use the customized workouts in coach. Are they really just completed removing it? I didn't see them adding any new content since I started a few years ago so I don't understand why they just can't continue it. Yes, there are other apps that will do customized workouts the way this one does, but I was already paying for Premium anyway and I don't want to pay for something else. Hopefully Fitbit clarifies soon.

Best Answer

Well if they truly remove that feature of having a "personal trainer" with custom made workouts based on our evaluation and progression, I don't see the reason of keeping Premium. Videos of exercises exists for free all over the place and can be found easily. This is more likely sound like bye bye premium.

Best Answer

There are advanced analytics available in Premium that may be useful. But maybe it is time for me to look at Garmin or, if I am willing to give up battery life, a Samsung Galaxy Active watch. So sad. Lea and I got together almost every day :).

Best Answer

I was curious if there are going to be corresponding changes/fixes to the fitbit app to help with this change.  Currently the fitbit app does not seem to work on my xbox one but the coach app did which allowed and was very useful for having a full size, stationary, large display.  Are we just losing this functionality or is the fitbit app being upgraded as well? Thanks

Best Answer

Once upon a time, Coach was Premium and Premium was Coach, and I bought a subscription to Fitbit Coach through Apple at $40.00 annually. Now, even though I am looking at a screen that says Premium, and even though I have the tiles and information that indicate to me that I have premium, Fitbit says I have Coach, and that they are taking it away from me, and that Apple will pay me the balance (ha!), and that I can pay for the same features I now have at twice the price... I have been hung up on by Fitbit Premium "support," and treated like I don't know what I am talking about... I just purchased a Fitbit Sense (silly me) and have been a member since 2016 and think it is okay for me to get a bit more respect when I ask for clarifications...

Best Answer

Reading their help file, they write:

"Fitbit Coach is becoming part of Fitbit Premium. With a Fitbit Premium membership, you’ll have more choices for working out, as well as additional features like personalized, actionable guidance and deeper insights about your health - and, the added convenience of being able to access all of this content in one app alongside your Fitbit data. We’ll shut down the Coach app, Coach website, and Coach app on Fitbit watches on July 30, 2021."

That would seem to say that the features of Coach should continue. But, their silence is deafening. There is no clarification. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

This is the same situation that I have!! So i will loose my Premium membership that i got thrug Premium Coach also, and will have to pay dubble the amound to keep what i already have for some time now. And also recently purchased the Sense.

So what Fitbit promissed, that Premium Coach owners will keep the new Premium for the same price as you now pay for Coach; that is not true now anymore???

Best Answer

THis is what was promissed by Fitbit:

"Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with all the comments from others who are disappointed that Fitbit Coach is going away. I use the personalize workouts every day and love it! If this content is not migrated to Fitbit premium, I will be super pissed off. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Google now owns Fitbit. Trying to streamline things? Chop content? It’s not a good way to treat your loyal customers. Why would I keep premium without the one feature that really makes it worth the money? C’mon, Fitbit. You need to fix this. 

Best Answer

I see that Fitbit Coach is joining Fitbit . Fitbit Coach has indicated that we will be able to view videos on our TV’s and laptops . You will be aware from the Community Posts that many people are not happy with Fitbit and are not going for Premium because workouts can’t be streamed or mirrored onto a TV or laptop . With Fitbit Coach joining you does this now mean we will be able to view all Fitbit exercises on a larger screen instead of just a phone ? 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Just noticed also that there is no casting support in the fitbit app. Which is a crucial functionality for an exercise app. There's no way you can properly do the exercises if they're on a tiny phone screen. That this hasn't yet been added is weird to say the least as it is available in the coach app.

I also would like to see clarification on the tailored exercises that coach did and if similar functionality will be available in the fitbit app.

Best Answer