Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium, Fitstar (Fitbit Coach) and Fitstar Yoga

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This year, I renewed my subscriptions to Fitstar Premium and Fitstar Yoga ($29.99 each). I do know that Fiststar Premium became Fitbit Coach which is now included in the Fitbit Premium subscription, but not Fitstar Yoga with Tara Stiles.

I’ve spoken with support and she just wasn’t too sure about how to explain why I’m still able to pay for these individual subscriptions. Honestly, I’m trying to figure out if the Premium subscription for $79.99 a year will give me the same stuff that I’m currently getting. The yoga videos are definitely not available In the Fitbit or Coach apps so it does seem as though I’d be losing something if I let the subscriptions expire.

can someone please explain the way these three applications and subscriptions integrate with each other? Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@vcmucker A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. If you subscribe to Fitbit Premium you'll receive the following features in your Fitbit app: 

- Guided Programs 

- Personalized insights 

- Premium Challenges and Adventures

- Fitbit Coach 

- Guided Meditations 

FitStar now became Fitbit Coach and it's included in your Premium subscription besides the workouts that are already included in Fitbit Premium, you'll find Yoga workouts there too. 

FitStar Yoga is a different subscription and it's only available for iOS users. Keep in mind that Fitbit Premium is available worldwide in English only. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response.

So, I noticed that the Fitbit Coach app has what seems like fewer exercises available and the ability to categorize and search in that app is different. Am I to understand that if I purchase Fitbit Premium, I will basically get to use the Coach app for free? Or will the Coach app no longer be available? Also, what of the fact that I just paid for a subscription to Coach in May? Why was that allowed if it was only available in Premium?

and regarding Yoga, do you know what will become of that app? Does Fitbit own it now too? Why are active subscriptions available if the app is not being maintained? I like the Yoga app way better than what’s available in Premium so I may continue to pay for that as long as its available.

TIA!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vcmucker Thanks for getting back. 

If you purchase Fitbit Premium, you'll get Fitbit Coach too. It seems that you're a Coach user already, there's no need to pay for Fitbit Premium, you should have access to this membership already. 

Please double check that your Fitbit app is in English then go to the Discover tab on your app, to confirm  that the workouts are unlocked. Learn more about it by checking Fitbit Premium guide

Since Fitbit Premium is available in English only, this is the reason why Fitbit still has two subscriptions. This is for users who don't have access to Premium but they could try Fitbit Coach which is available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese. 

FitStar Yoga is part of Fitbit but it's a different subscription, if there's anything that you would like to improve in the app, please post it in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes