Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit community!

I'd like to share the steps you need to follow in order to cancel your Fitbit Premium Subscription. 

Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app:

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture.
  • Scroll down and tap Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  • Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

If you purchased your subscription in the Google Play Store using PayPal but you don’t see your subscription listed, cancel the subscription from your PayPal account directly. For more information, please visit the PayPal help site.

If you sign in to the Fitbit app using a Google account, visit this page to manage or cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription 

If you purchased your subscription on the Fitbit.com website, please contact our Customer Support directly to receive further assistance with this process, they'll be able to cancel the subscription for you.

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. 

To cancel your Premium subscription through the Fitbit app:

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture
  • Scroll down and tap Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store. 
  • Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note: you won’t see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term. 

If you purchased Premium through fitbit.com:

• Go to fitbit.com/home  and log in with the email address connected to your Fitbit Premium subscription.
  • Click on the account icon > My Subscriptions
  • Click a subscription to expand the details. To cancel your subscription, click Cancel > CancelSubscription > Close. Your subscription status changes to “Canceled.”

For more information on how to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, please visit here. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Does anyone know how to cancel the premium trial on an Android? I've tried restoring purchases and manage subscriptions and neither do anything!!! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Sure @Lyds902 instructions are found in this help guide and in the pinned FAQ 

I be also moved your Premium question to the Premium Board. 

Best Answer

I have not been able to cancel premium and now I’ve been charged for a month. There is no cancel button to cancel premium. I went through all the steps you have described to other people I have no cancel button. I have requested a refund from Apple but I want to get rid of premium for good. Please tell me how to do that.

Best Answer

Hi @Fitt72 first we will need to know what method was used when purchasing premium? 

See this post

Best Answer

I, like thousands of others it seems, can't find the place to cancel fitbit premium.  I chatted and they assured that my premium account will cancel but they would not direct me to how to make sure my CC info is deleted and not accessible to fitbit in the future.  This is not acceptable.  I cannot believe that fitbit would act this unprofessionally and hold my account information hostage.  It should be easy to renew or cancel. That is simple customer service and the way fitbit handles this is crooked.  

Why, after so many people have complained, have you not changed the way you handle this? Bad practices don't make happy customers.  

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hi @dquinn04  a moderator posted this - click to go there - on how to cancel Premium.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone else here struggling to cancel their premium subscription? I've contacted the support team multiple times but have yet to receive any help from any level of support each time I try to reach out. 

This is beyond frustrating considering that I expect FitBit to be diligent towards taking care of customer's needs. Can someone give me insight on what to do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Shame on fitbit for this unneeded struggle. I've been trying for weeks ended up contacting Google thru chat to get it canceled. My subscription was not showing in google play or on Fitbit however I continued to be charged the last 2 months. I've been thru paypal and fitbit. Fitbit sent me to google. Thankfully Google was able to locate the email the subscription was initiated thru and cancel it. 

Best Answer

@lisandramorales Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned, your case has been escalated to a higher support team, this is why it's taking some time to get back to you. 

@Brick1974 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I purchased a versa 3 and fitbit offered me free premium trial (3 months). Now it's charging me for the next month even though I dont want premium. I cannot seem to cancel anywhere....! I have checked the app (shows no subscription), the fitbit.com website and coach.fitbit website. Nowhere can I find a way to cancel this. This feels extremely aggravating and scammy. I have never had any problems cancelling a subscription with any other app. Where do I cancel? 

Best Answer

If you're on an Android, go to Google Play and then select My Subscriptions. It seems to be the only way to cancel it.

Best Answer

I have the same problem as you

Best Answer

How do I cancel fitbit premium?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer

Hi @TerriMcG . this is from a Moderator: "you need to do the following procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab  

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

Once you're redirected to Google Play please make sure to follow this procedure to cancel the subscription on Google Play. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit subscriptions are non-refundable. However you could always contact Google Play, sometimes they provide refunds. "

Best Answer

Same here.  My fear of this is exactly why I was hesitant to sign up for the "free trial period".  Should have listened to my intuition.  The technology offered in the Fitbit devices is almost incomprehensible, yet the programmers can't manage writing a simple program to inactivate a purchase process.   I doubt that's coincidental!  I have been a huge fan of Fitbit devices for many years, but this is putting a very bad taste in my mouth. 

Best Answer

Same for me.. Can somebody help me/us out? 

Best Answer

Hi,

I need to cancel my premium subscription before is too late. I read several posts about how horrible is to have this done, and I'd like not to waste my time (I already contacted support but no answer)

@SilviaFitbit Can you please help me here?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

this is from a Moderator: "you need to do the following procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab  

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

Once you're redirected to Google Play please make sure to follow this procedure to cancel the subscription on Google Play. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit subscriptions are non-refundable. However you could always contact Google Play, sometimes they provide refunds. "

Best Answer

@noemie121 @Marievhool Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned you've been in contact with them. 

@LauraRushton Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I see where your disappointment is coming from. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer