Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel premium subscription

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you cancel a premium subscription 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject & Labels

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

This is indeed infuriatingly difficult to do. I my case I had originally signed up via my android phone and later switched to iOS, completely forgetting that I'd originally signed up with Android.

Surely there should just be a "cancel subscription" button in the app (it shouldn't matter how you originally signed up). Fitbit definitely have the brains to figure this one out. I think it is totally intentionally they are aren't prioritising this feature - they are happily collecting money from people that don't have the patience to figure out how to cancel. This is a very bad practice.

I actually lose two months worth of payments for of money because I couldn't figure it out last time I tried and life was too busy to waste valuable time on something that should be so simple.

Best Answer

Trying to cancel is definitely a chore and extremely frustrating. Please don't bother with this subscription. Seems like Fitbit is intentionally making it difficult to cancel so it won't truly be a "free" trial. Terrible business practices, makes me want to find a different tracker. 

Best Answer

That information is classified.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link is pretty funny.  It tells you that if you purchased on fitbit.com to contact customer support.  Customer support sends a link to the same guide. 

I think the only answer is to dispute the charge on my CC and tell my bank not to honor subsequent charges.

Best Answer

I was relieved I am not the only one in this situation. I chatted with someone who promised that 'someone' will get back to me about cancelling. I said no need, just cancel. In any case no one contacted me. The device is pretty good and I may have renewed the service later but now I will not. It is hard to believe a company as reputed is this is using such 'gym membership' tactics. I just put in a dispute on my CC. Someone needs to make noise in the social media or write to the CEO. 

Best Answer

Totally agree!   I have no options to stop service with the website, on my phone or with apple subscriptions.   Using the chat option I am told they will have to get back to me via email.   

Best Answer

Is this for real? Contacting support does nothing.They say they cannot cancel and someone will contact me. No one ever does. I had to dispute last 2 CC charges from DRI which is the company used by FB. If you are a 'community legend' why don't you take this feedback and do something about it? 

Best Answer

Hello, I am in a free Premium trial period but the subscription does not appear, and at the end of this month I will be charged, and I am not interested. And I can't unsubscribe.
The Fitbit app is used by my wife on her mobile although I used my email to activate the trial period but the subscription does not appear on either of the 2 mobiles, and at the end of this month they will pass the charge to me, and I am not interested. And I can't unsubscribe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From a Moderator: "you need to do the following procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab  

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

Once you're redirected to Google Play please make sure to follow this procedure to cancel the subscription on Google Play. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit subscriptions are non-refundable. However you could always contact Google Play, sometimes they provide refunds. "

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

HI

I never got a free trial for 90 days.. my card was charged for a whole year.  I did not know the subscription was non refundable if you cancelled after a few months.  Is that correct.? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KristineFG Welcome back to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If a Premium trial was never activated but you were charged the first time you sign up for it. Please get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have used the suggestions, im still signed into and paying for a subscription i cannot seem to cancel

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Hi there. 

Thank you for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. If your subscription was purchased through Google Play store, follow this procedure to cancel it. Please make sure you're logged into the correct Play store account, this to ensure that your Fitbit subscription displays and could be cancelled. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
No it does not help, ive gone directly through the link on the invoice and still it does not take me to anywhere that i can turn this FREE TRIAL OFF

Sent on the go with Vodafone
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for getting back.

May I know what do you see on your Play store subscriptions? Is Fitbit displaying? As mentioned previously, make sure you're logged into the same account used to subscribe to Fitbit Premium. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
Hello F

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I think I can cancel but I don’t get a refund so I have paid for a whole year and won’t be using it

Kristine Greavette
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Kristine,
If this isnt resolved i wont be purchasing another fit bit, its highway robbery, it shouldnt be this hard to cancel a "FREE TRIAL" I thought id cancelled it with the reminder for the trial period ending, but here i am 3 months later paying for something i dont use and cant switch off, worst case scenario ill just close the bank account, which will be a pain, but better than being robbed by a massive company. NOT HAPPY FITBIT

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner  this shows as being answered as the original post was November 2020 and it was the best answer. As for you, if you look up a few posts, Moderator Silvia asked you a few questions. In case you missed them...

"May I know what do you see on your Play store subscriptions? Is Fitbit displaying? As mentioned previously, make sure you're logged into the same account used to subscribe to Fitbit Premium. "

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi SteveH

signed up from fitbit.com and tried what the article said but it will not expand to give me the option to cancel.😠

Best Answer
0 Votes