Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel premium subscription

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you cancel a premium subscription 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject & Labels

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

@Snores56 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team and they were able to assist you. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you probably already know this since this post is a year old, but for anyone else who might be reading... If you "buy" a free trial from the Fitbit store when you buy your device it is activated immediately, at least in my experience. I purchased my device and trial attached to one email and then set up my Fitbit with another. I thought I was activating that free trial, but after I cancelled my premium membership I continued to get charged. I reached out showing them the email confirmation of cancellation. However they said those unexpected charges were linked to my other email. So basically what I understand is that I had two premium subscription at once. For the premium subscription I was unaware of, I never received an email stating the trial was activated or for the charges associated with that premium subscription. In fact I didn't receive any emails from Fitbit to that email after receipt and shipping notification of my device. Additionally, I no longer had premium services on the app. SO IN ALL I would warn everyone to carefully look at their credit card/bank statements because you might be getting charged for a Fitbit premium subscription you aren't even aware of.

Best Answer

There needs to be a way to manage your premium account. I wanted to change my payment options and there is nowhere to do that. When I contacted support via chat, the only suggestion they had was to cancel. I should be able to manage my account myself, so I felt like I had no choice but to cancel. How soon will there be a solution to this issue? 

Best Answer

Adding that if you bought a Fitbit & got the Premium trial through Fitbit's Website, you cannot cancel through the App! It will only take you to your phone's App store subscriptions.

Instead, you need to cancel on their website, but Fitbit makes it very difficult to find...
To cancel go to: fitbit.com /global/us/account/subscriptions

I tried posting the direct link, but Fitbit won't let me 🙄So just copy paste the above without the space....

Best Answer

One could call the credit card company and order a "Stop Payment" to preclude reoccuring charges

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for troubleshooting the issue with your Premium subscription before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

If you've tried the each one of the steps suggested here: How do I manage or cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription?

But you still can't cancel your free 3 month Fitbit Premium trial, it's best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hope that helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I was looking all over for how to find it. Thanks so much, this worked. So ridiculous this isn’t easier to find 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Premium subscription since January. I found I didn't use most of the things offered. I don't like do everything with my watch. I decided to cancel it for now. Maybe I will try it again at a later date?  After reading the remarks here, I was afraid it would be an issue since I couldn't find a cancel button on my phone.

When I read "What I should know about Fitbit" and went to how to cancel if purchased on the Fitbit site, not using the app, it was very easy to cancel! I even looked to see which credit card I used to purchase it. On your computer, Go to fitbit.com > logon with your email account>go to subscriptions> click on your premium subscription to expand and then click cancel. Less than 30 seconds! No referral to customer service. I wasn't cancelling a "free trial." Maybe that is the problem issue. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Tosca2. Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your experience with us. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to cancel the subscription and I hope your comment helps others find the solution they are looking for.

Have a good one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes