Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for premium, it went through, now what?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a fitbit inspire HR for 2 weeks now, and just signed up for the 90 day free trial of premium. All went fine with signing up, but now what? I don't see anything different on my phone or fitbit or computer. I updated the app in case that was necessary, re-synced the fitbit, and signed out and back into the website. Still I see nothing different. I've received no emails other than the one confirming my order of premium 90 day trial. I can't find info about what to do next. I'm quite new at all of this and feel remarkably stupid. I appreciate your help and gentle direction. 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @MsBeHaven and welcome to the Help forums.  Here is a link to Fitbit's help article: What should I know about Fitbit Premium?   First, let me say that the features are available only on the app.  You can't access them on the web.  A big change is in your sleep analytics.  Instead of getting the sleep score and sleep stages, you should see all the components that go into your sleep score.  They are your Time Asleep, Deep and REM, and your Restoration.  You get access to guided programs, workouts, and mindfulness sessions.  You also get access to the Premium Challenges.  Before you signed up, these features would have had a lock in the upper right corner.  This description isn't all inclusive.

Don't be afraid to ask more questions.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi LZeeW, I don’t really think your response is very helpful, see, we know what features we are supposed to be getting, they just aren’t showing up after getting the 90 day trial.

Best Answer

@ChaoticTired Hi there! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

If you have previously checked the Fitbit Premium features but they are still locked, please restore your subscription purchase by doing the following: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.
  2. Scroll down and tap Restore Purchases > OK.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha no the features were never “locked”, I did my own research and from what little I could find, I deducted that my charge HR is just too old, so there’s no features to “unlock”, cause what I get without premium is the features I get with the product out of the box (or from storage in my case)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChaoticTired Thank you for getting back. When purchasing Fitbit Premium the features that will show up in the Fitbit app are: 

- Guided Programs 

- Personalized insights 

- Challenges and Adventures 

- Fitbit Coach workouts 

- Mindfulness meditations 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So then there should be a chart with what features premium will get you with each product, because advanced sleep analytics is why I got the (thankfully free) premium trial, because it’s advertised as a feature, even though it isn’t available for all the products, which gets confusing and annoying.

Best Answer

@ChaoticTired Thank you for getting back. The Premium features will be the same for all trackers/watches, except for the Health Metrics tile which will be available for some trackers and watches, learn more about it by checking this article

As long as your Fitbit tracks heart rate (except for Fitbit Charge HR or Fitbit Surge), it will show time asleep and awake analysis of sleep duration, it will also show sleeping heart rate & restlessness and analysis of sleeping heart rate & restlessness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But... premium doesn’t give me sleep analytics, a feature advertised in premium, probably because my Charge HR doesn’t have stuff like showing different sleep states, and it doesn’t give me a sleep score, regardless of premium or not. The sleep tracking isn’t in health metrics, and the visuals are clearly different than what I’ve seen online about other devices, therefore your statement that premium gives the same features across the board is false, and this fact of lesser sleep tracking depending on the device should be mentioned somewhere, but it isn’t.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChaoticTired Thank you for getting back. I truly appreciate that you shared you don't receive sleep stages on your Charge HR, just wanted to confirm what you said, sleep stages isn't available for Fitbit Charge HR or Fitbit Surge, this information is noted in this article

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my Premium subscription but cannot see 'Restore Purchases' when I scroll down the list. Is there any other way to do this? Money keeps disappearing from my (already empty) account and I only wanted the free access during UK Covid lockdown. Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SyrianHamster A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. The "Restore Purchases" is used when your subscription doesn't appear in your account. However, since you would like to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, you'll need to do the following: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.
  2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription. Your subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.

You may want to check these websites for help on to cancel subscriptions on Apple or Google stores

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked in the end. It was confusing because on my phone there was an extra step necessary in between those you mentioned. In case it helps anyone else, I had to go to the Today tab, then tap my profile picture, then scroll down to 'Account Settings' and then within that scroll down to 'Manage Subscriptions'. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SyrianHamster Thank you for getting back. I'm glad to hear that it worked at the end, I appreciate that you shared the extra step that you did in order to find the 'Manage Subscriptions'. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes