Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for Free trial but was charged

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi can anyone help! I just signed up for Fitbit premium, was offering a 90 day free trial and it’s just taken £79.99 out my bank! I cancelled it straight away but now I don’t know what to do.. how do I get my money back 🥺
Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do.
Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think the OP confusion is why would would fitbit advertise a free trial and then charge $79 right after? Seems like fitbit is all about money over customer these days. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@LouiseDorans Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

Take into consideration that Premium trials are for users new to Premium. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team, continue the communication with them, this to avoid any confusion. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I think the OP confusion is why would would fitbit advertise a free trial and then charge $79 right after? Seems like fitbit is all about money over customer these days. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Hi there. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Be sure that we're always monitoring Fitbit Community posts.

Hope you can give an opportunity to Fitbit Premium in the future. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

It’s really not.Already spoke with Fitbits “customer service” team and it’s an absolute joke. I will be switching back to Apple after using fitbit for years. Super disappointed in Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for your feedback. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with our Support team. I see where your disappointment is coming from. I'd like to share that Fitbit Premium trials are for new users to Premium only. 

If you're new to Premium and were charged, please get back to them, they'll be happy to investigate it. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 

I got a refund from Apple 

My Fitbit is still offering 90 day free trial!  The amount of people that will be tricked by this is disgusting Fitbit.  
expected better to be honest.  
Thank you to everyone who commented 🙂

Best Answer

@LouiseDorans wrote:

Update 

I got a refund from Apple 

My Fitbit is still offering 90 day free trial!  The amount of people that will be tricked by this is disgusting Fitbit.  
expected better to be honest.  
Thank you to everyone who commented 🙂

It's a common issue that I see crop up constantly here. I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed. It would help a lot if the system would catch this before you're charged.

Best Answer

Total scam.  I was charged immediately too.   Cancelled within 10 minutes but my CC already charged.   Just spent 30 minutes on FitBit “support” chat to be told my problem is with Apple.    Seriously?   

Best Answer
Speak to Apple!! They got me my money back.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fitbit Moderator Sylvia Fitbit, you literally keep saying the same thing over and over in your replies. Not sure you’re understanding the problem. And look at all the posts in the forum about this. There’s no denying it IS a problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got a refund! Thanks for posting. Same thing happened to me. Waiting for my refund. 

Best Answer