Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score available with Premium Subscription

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm extremely disappointed how Fitbit have decided to lock away user's own sleep data behind a Paywall subscription. 

Subscription for: 

* Audio & Video Workouts

* Guided Programs

I totally understand because they're added features to enhance/supplement the tracker but

* Premium Insights

So I can see my sleeping heart rate, my own data from the tracker, is pretty rude.

I bought the tracker specifically for sleep data and there was nothing in the website to indicate that it is or will be accessible behind a paid subscription fee @ $14.99/month AUD...

Screenshot_20190714_100524_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190714_101349_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

The only way to seemly to fix the problem is to subscribe to Fitbit's premium service. In other words, you're not getting what you initially paid for.

Best Answer

Hi Matt_F,

I'm also extremely disappointed. I got my Fitbit primarily as a sleep tracker. Had I known I have to pay a monthly subscription to fully use its capabilities I definitely would not have bought it. Nor was there any indication that I would have had to pay for a subscription. I will be returning mine tomorrow.

James

Best Answer

I signed up for the premium trial just for the sleep data but aside from one night before the trial - I guess it was a preview of the function - I haven’t had any extra sleep data. Pretty unhappy. I have always had lots of really vivid dreams and I want to track my REM sleep. 

Best Answer
I paid the $10 a month. It really does track your REM sleep it's very interesting along with your heart rate and how you breathe. They should have been up front about it before we bought itSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to view sleep but no longer can 😡😡 Very unfair that when I bought my fit fit I bought it for the sole purpose of checking my sleel I checked the option to make sure I would not have to pay for it and now all of a sudden I have to pay for $130 later After purchasing the device. Very disappointed 

Best Answer
I was also very disappointed. I've been paying the $10 a month for the feature. It's why I purchase the watch in the first place. I will look into another watch Once the pandemic is over. PeaceSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Rolling back to v2.95 can still give access to Sleeping Heart Rate & Restlessness % ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I kept my Fitbit Versa to but now I pay for the premium and my heart rate at the bottom only shows the top of the number. They should check to see how their app is working when they are charging meSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep seeing people try to ask Fit not why the have to pay a premium or extra charge to view their own data and every response from the Fit Bit “ Modirator “ has been the same and not really answering the question. I am sorry but if you would like more details please up grade to premium is essentially what you keep saying instead of answering the question 

Best Answer

It is both reasonable and fair for me to expect that the onboard software in my device will allow complete access to my personal data. Especially for a ’not-so-cheaply priced’ device, I expect the UI to provide me flexible and complete views of MY information. 

If Fitbit argues that some features are premium and not comprehended in the device purchase cost, then I should have been educated of this delineation prior to device purchase and been given the option to pay the difference for enhanced analysis at the time of device purchase.

However, because there probably was an asterisk I didn’t notice on the website, I’m left feeling like I didn’t receive what I thought I had paid for.

In addition, paywalls, for software services on-top of consumer hardware, are disingenuous. Like others have noted, it is difficult for a consumer to determine total cost because we don’t know (a) how long we plan to subscribe and/or (b) how long the device will last. From the perspective of the consumer, at the time of device purchase, use cost is opaque at best...indeterminate at worst.

The Fitbit moderators keep mentioning that all previously provided services are still included with the device purchase price, but they aren’t addressing the core issue. It’s really the perceived bait-and-switch. Plus, now I am quite certain that I’ve partnered with a dishonest company which will try to nickel and dime me if I stay within their ecosystem.

I bought my first Fitbit this morning. Although already disappointed, I don’t plan to return my purchase. But, going forward, I will be intimately acquainted with the device return policy and the differences between my device and the current gen Apple Watch.

While I have had many issues with Apple products over the years, I can honestly say that I’ve always felt that I ‘got what I paid for’ when purchasing from Apple.

Yours Truly,

~ disappointed-out-the-gate

Best Answer

I upgraded from a flex 2 to a versa 2 partly because I was interested in detailed sleep data. At first scores and insights appeared and today they have suddenly stopped. I instead get a message saying I can see them if I pay for premium. You act like Fitbit does us a favor by giving us a free trial. Here’s the problem: Fitbit never says it’s a free trial. I never signed up for a free trial. There’s a term in business for when you offer customers a “better” product at no cost... then suddenly Change the terms of that offer. It’s called bait and switch. It’s a great way for companies to desperately grab at short term cash while clearly demonstrating that they don’t really care about their customers. I’ve purchased two versa 2s for myself and my GF. Enjoy those revenues because we are two long time Fitbit users who will not be spending another penny on your products. The versa 2 seems like a good deal, but if you factor in the cost of premium it becomes The worst smart watch option. After two years of paying for premium your versa 2 becomes more expensive than Apple watches which have better hardware, software, features, and support.

Best Answer
I've only posted that I was disappointed I had a paid for my sleep features. I don't know where I became the guru on the Fitbit along the way LOLSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So just to be clear, I have been wearing Fitbit many years. Sleep patterns and stages was added and not too long ago, and now I have to pay for it??? Really!?!?! VERY DISSATISFIED!!! I will be getting another brand of watch!!!

Best Answer
This is why this longtime Fitbit wearer plans to buy an Apple Watch 5 for my next device.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I couldn’t figure out why all of a sudden my sleep stats disappeared. My charge 3 updated and it’s not what it was before. Completely unfair to change the features AFTER I purchased it. This was my second Fitbit, and I was a loyal user, even had the aria scale. So disgusted I trashed it and bought an Apple Watch. Price point is initially higher but I am not gouged $15 a month because sleep watch app is free. Bait and witch fit bit, really? I thought you were better than that. Shame, shame. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for participating in the forums. 

Your feedback is appreciated because this helps us to continue improving our services offered. I wanted to jump in and let you know that no previously existing features have been moved behind a Premium paywall. 

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Learn more information about it by checking this article

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I know that- but the features that are now premium used to be available in the app. I used to be able to see sleep stages etc in the program. Your answer doesn’t change the fact that features that used to be included are now behind a paywall. It seems as though your answer is a deflection- emphasizing OTHER features of the Fitbit you have yet to charge for. It simply does not address the issue at hand.

DTaylor

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just started my return of my 4 month old charge 3 as you've put basic sleep data behind a paywall that you don't mention in the product details.

Sleep data is not a premium feature that's worth paying £10 a month for. It's free on Garmin devices.

Best Answer

Same here, so disappointed 

Best Answer

@Danytayl @moopco @GTjia Please see the Best Answer in this thread for some clarification.

To be clear: no previously existing Fitbit features have been moved behind a Premium paywall. Everything that was previously available to you for free will continue to be available for free, and Fitbit will continue to add new free features.

Best Answer