Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Premium?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few years ago I had a Charge HR+ and a Premium subscription.  For a couple of reasons I left Fitbit and bought a Garmin tracker (VivioActive HR) .   Yesterday I splurged and bought an Ionic.   Partly because it looked like Fitbit solved some issues I had (GPS, waterproofing...) but also I just simply like Fitbit much more than Garmin in terms of dashboard and data presentation.   Yeah, Fitbit has a better website and presents data which just 'clicks' with my mental model.   Garmin didn't.   And so it was less effective to me as I ... didn't care as much and wasn't engaged as much in the experience and so tracked food less dedicatedly and worked out less. 

Anyway.   So now I have the Ionic and like having my dashboard again.  But where is "Premium"?  As said I partly returned to get Premium because it was that type of data that helped me make better choices!!!

From another thread here I saw Fitbit has closed Premium ?!?!?!  True?!   If so - **ahem**!  I am not sure I would have returned to Fitbit!   Well, Best Buy will accept returns for a few more days 😞

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I paid for Coach Premium thinking I was paying for the original premium. I am very disappointed with the purchase and will not renew. Fitbit please reinstate Premium, I miss the benchmarking and the reports. Coach offers none of this. 

Best Answer

I was hopeful that my subscription for Premium would get renewed as promised by Fitbit support team but alas was not to be.  The day after my subscription expired, I was dropped.  I spoke with their support team and besides telling me that my access should get restored within an hour after I update my payment info, I was told that Fitbit had decided to bring back Premium.  When a couple of hours passed and I was still not back on, a call back to support eventually led to the conclusion that I didn't want to hear.  Though it was June 1st when this took place, it felt an awful lot like April 1st. 

I still cling to hope that the product team for Fitbit has something in the works to bring out an analytics tool to support all the great data they've got captured on my movement, sleep, food consumption.  Alternatively, perhaps Fitbit can identify other third party platform for which customers can link through APIs or even downloading and transferring the data to do this.  

Best Answer

Joke anyway now charging for features we could always see like sleeping heart rate etc.. I'm changing to another company..

Best Answer
0 Votes
They won't care if you leave; one less voice they have to hear from. There
has got to be another way. I don't understand why they just don't
reinstall it and make everyone happy.
Best Answer

Ok Ok I get all this about Fitbit coach BUT in an easy question WILL PREMIUM BE BACK and IF SO WHEN?  I fell into the same trap and July 2019 i subscribed into Premium/ Coach thinking that the data which most of us like would be available.  Even the people at Fitbit must have realised that it was a massive thing to many people as others have said it kept you focused on being at the top end of all people. 

Best Answer

Hello guys, thanks for getting back and I am sorry for the delay in respond.

@E2ikiel@Fit-to-Be and @Qatartiger, if you want to have more information about Fitbit Premium or Fitbit Coach, I recommend checking the following help articles:

I will see you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Crapy response.  Fitbit coach is completely different than premium so quit trying to get people to spend their money only to realize it is not even close to what they were used to.  Shame on you for doing this.  Be honest with people. 

Best Answer

Why not answer it here? Instead of going around in circles. Just say PREMIUM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!! Also Fitbit coach is nothing remotely like Premium, Job done. 

Best Answer

Depending on which window I'm looking at PREMIUM tab appears at the top, but when clicked returns me to home page and does NOT show the data expected. Where are my reports and comparisons/benchmarks? That is why I opted in on FITBIT, I loved comparing myself to the ENTIRETY of fitbit users (i.e. not the slugs my own age). Now it appears to not be an option and I'm not even sure if I am being billed for it or not since I had autopay on my old premium account with my surge before I got this new Versa. How do I get my benchmarks back?

Best Answer

This is patently untrue since numerous posts from staff indicate that Coach and Premium are nothing alike and do not offer the same data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation in the Community @mperry9701@Qatartiger and @Sinsual.

I am sorry for the delay in respond. As recommended previously, if you want to have more information about these feature, check the help articles:

Just keep in mind that Fitbit Premium for the moment is only available in New Zealand and Australia.

Let me know if you need anything else. Cat Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit   What is available in Australia. ?  My OLD Premium was discontinued by Fitbit in March 2019.

There is total confusion out there using the word Premium for both the "old" and the Coach Premium.

Fortunately I have been exporting my data since 2011 and can still analyse my efforts.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning as I was going through my daily routine of logging my food into the fitbit dashboard online, I see a button I've not seen before for 'reports' near the top of the page.  When I click it, I go to a set of pages that show the marketing info for the old Premium reports that I've missed for several months (one each for food, activity, sleep, trainer). I knew not to get my hopes up but though perhaps Fitbit had decided to bring Premium back?  However both the '$49.99 buy' button and the link to get more information for Premium takes me back to the Fitbit Coach page and option to buy at 39.99.  Nowhere is there any information or explanation.  Anybody else seeing this?  Would be great to hear from a Fitbit moderator on what is going on.       

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Colinm39 and @Seattlerunner thanks for your participation in the Forums.

I am sorry for the delay in respond. Regarding your inquiries, yes, there is a new Fitbit Premium that is only available as mentioned in New Zealand and Australia. If you want to learn more about this feature, you can the help article: What should I know about Fitbit Premium?.

I will catch you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit Suggest updating the article itself that you sent us with the comment about Premium being only available in New Zealand and Australia.

The other suggestion is to remove the button for 'reports' from the web page where you log in your food intake.  This would eliminate another source of confusion to Fitbit users on the availability of an analytics subscription as part of Premium.      

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation @Seattlerunner.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the feedback provided. If you want to share ideas that would improve Fitbit Premium, I recommend visiting our feature suggestions board and share them with our team.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes