Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 floors on flat ground?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately, when I’m playing pickleball on a flat court, my FitBit is registering many floors.  Today, 20 floors!  How in the world is that happening??

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @JillD55.

There are several reasons why this could've happened. You can read more about how Fitbits track floors in here.

Basically, they measure the barometric pressure and uses that to track your floors. Sudden changes in temperature, or sudden drafts of colder air can cause the Fitbit to think that you have gone up a couple of floors. In the case of playing picketball, maybe there was a change in temperature while you were playing.

Were you playing indoors or outdoots? If you were indoors, air conditioner can also cause this effect on your Fitbit.

Hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!

Thanks for the info, but nothing really fits. We were outdoors. Little to no wind. Some change in temp, but no more than before when the FitBit would measure zero floors, which was correct.

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I climbed a 500 foot volcano. His FitBit registered 51 floors; mine said 39. It’s goofy. Oh, well.

Jill
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JillD55.

It might have been a one time thing with that many floors. I'd say that you keep an eye on it and see how it behaves in the future. This shouldn't be a common occurrence by any means.

If you have the time maybe you could check our Discussion boards out. Lots of topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not a one time thing.  Since about May of this year, every time I play pickleball, outdoors, no wind (we hate wind), no change in temperature particularly, my FitBit registers 15-20 floors.  Really.  I just ignore it now.  Also, my husband and I will play for the same amount of time, with similar intensity, and he’ll register 5000 steps and I’ll register 3000.  

For now, I wear the FitBit for knowing what time it is and for being notified when I get a text or my phone rings.  It’s not working right at all otherwise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JillD55.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll be sharing this with  the rest of the team and if I receive some updates on the matter I'll be sure to let you know about it right away.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Just started noticing it the last month. I play indoors. But yesterday it happened while weight training. 

Best Answer
0 Votes