Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30,000 steps taken, but not updating on challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I have now twice done two days of 30,000 steps but it never updated on my challenges so I still have yet to earn my 30,000 badge even though I took over 30,000 steps. Has this happened to anyone? I am really upset becaue both times I did it just to earn the badge. I don't want to go for the 35,000 or 40,000 if I am not going to get. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Was any steps manually added? As you wont get a badge for manually added steps

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hey @ksc002 is great to see you here! Smiley Happy @WendyB is right, at this time only steps from your tracker count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

Also, if you track a GPS activity using your mobile device and the Fitbit app (called a MobileRun) during a challenge, be sure to bring your tracker along; as long as you have your tracker with you, those steps will count towards your challenge totals and if your tracker offers GPS, steps from GPS activities and non-GPS activities are both counted towards a challenge because you're wearing your tracker.

Finally, make sure that you have the same timezone as the owner of the challenge, because if you're in a different timezone, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats.

I hope this helps, enjoy the rest of the week! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes