Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFib data missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my first ever AFib episode last week which was confirmed at the hospital. My Charge 5 did not notify me, but I did use the manual ECG on my device and it did say AFib at one point. This AFib notification does not show up anywhere in the app and all of my heart rate data from that day is missing. Recently, I think I had another short episode and there is a gap in my heart rate data for that period. Does this data get excluded for some reason? Is there any way to see it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Katie8910 My first question is what country do you live in? Are you in one of the list of countries that have approved the use of the ECG app?

Please refer to:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2457.htm

https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_ecg_en_US.pdf

The history of notifications is rather buried, and can be found under the Discovery tab (bottom of the app) under the Assessments & Reports.

Two things to try are to clear the app cache for the Fitbit app, on your mobile device, in the mobile device's settings, and to restart your Charge 5 tracker.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks charleskn for the ideas. I am in the U.S. so I am in an approved country. I cleared the app's cache and restarted my device, but I still have missing heart rate data for that day. There are no AFib notifications in the Irregular Rhythm Notifications of Assessments and Reports area of Discovery. But, I didn't notice the Heart Rhythm Assessment report until now, so it was in there from the two times when I did the manual ECG during the episode so thank you for that thought. I'm wondering if the heart rate info is excluded for the AFib period since it was so unsteady.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate data should not be excluded when you were having AFib. I had good heart rate data from my most recent AFib episode. It would seem that "something" happened, and that data is likely gone, but that should not be the norm. Obviously the ECG is started manually. The irregular rhythm notifications are also under the Assessments and Reports, and mine show there. That said, when I have thought I had AFib (I get it when exercising), the ECG test doesn't work if my detected heart rate is over 125 bpm, if I remember correctly. I would assume (a total guess on my part) that this would potentially hold true for the irregular rhythm notification to work, also. Because I have a very slow RHR (brachycardia), my HR when I have AFib is in the 80 bpm range. I am wondering if you have a higher HR/tachycardia when you have AFib, and the fitbit won't detect the irregular rhythm.

Can you check to see when your data was last analyzed? https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2467.htm

The linked article says this about the notifications (I seem to remember I only received mine overnight, from when I was sleeping):

Fitbit can only analyze your heart rhythm data for AFib when you’re still. Wear your consumer wrist-worn product often, especially to sleep, and sync your data often to help look for signs of AFib more often. We only send a notification if we see signs of an irregular rhythm in multiple readings, which means you might not receive irregular rhythm notifications if we’re not able to collect enough data each day.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes