Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Users Showing as Inactive to Friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/24/2017: Hi everyone, we made some further updates that have resolved this issue and friends who are currently active should be visible. Thanks for your reports! 

Update 7/13/17: Everyone -- I moved various threads relating to this topic here to keep this discussion organized.

I followed up with our Social team today. They are well aware of the issue and are working closer toward a resolution. At this time, I don't have a specific time-frame for when this will get resolved, but will update all of you when I receive another update. 

Your patience is super appreciated!

---------------------------------

Hey pals! Thanks to everyone who chimed in and reported this. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience Robot Sad.

I'll update the thread when I get more info. Appreciate your patience!

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

How can this still be an issue .. I am from Germany and here also many people have the same problem and are so frustrated.

Best Answer

@CarlosCFitbit I don't understand why this is not fixed. I bought my spouse a new Fitbit and can't see her steps. I was going to replace mine soon but will NOT be doing so as this is an unacceptable level of customer support. 

Best Answer

This is getting really frustrating, is there still no solution?

Best Answer

Hi Carlos.  No updates??  No communication = no solution??  No communication = ineptitude,   disinterest or failure.  Fitbit has been "aware" of this issue for many months.  TELL US WHAT, IF ANYTHING IS GOING ON!!       

Best Answer

My Fitbit stopped showing my steps/activity 2 days ago on the app, desktop, laptop & Iphone.  It shows all my friends activity?  Anyone know the problem or how I can fix it?   Thanks.    

Best Answer
0 Votes
i cannot sync, sounds like the same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this problem a while ago, when I kept getting “Fitbit not found”, or something like that.
There is a reset procedure, which worked for me.
( I think it might have involved plugging the Fitbit into the PC using the usb charger cable, but I cannot remember the details of what next)
You can get instructions by sending a question to the team.
I said I wanted to claim on the Warranty, and received a very quick and ultimately satisfactory response.

However, if it is a bug in the online system, the IT team do not fix bugs, as described at length in this forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know it's an issue being worked on. All my friends have gone into no recent activity. I know they are actively using.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you aware that there are two more or less parallel threads here? This thread relates to users wishing to show their activity to friends but always shown as inactive, whilst the other relates to users who wish to hide their activity from friends. See "Trying to remove my unranked status". Any query on either forum results in a standard response "Our engineers are aware of the problem and working on it". The problem has been known since mid-2016.
Best Answer

It is immensely frustrating that the only reply is 'we're aware' or 'we're working on it'.  How can that be an acceptable response when it's been over one year!  It's unprofessional and unscrupulous.

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- Thanks for taking the time to report your experience. I understand that this has been going on for quite sometime and is frustrating for all of you. I appreciate everyone's patience even though it may be wearing thin.

Although I don't have news you ultimately want to hear, rest assured that our engineering team is continuing to work on this issue. However, I don't have a timeframe for when it will be resolved. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update the thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no friends or at least active ones. One is the loneliest number since the #1.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for letting us know there is still no resolution. To add some data: my partner created a totally new profile, losing all the history from the old one, in an effort to solve this problem. It worked for about a week, but oddly enough the new profile has started showing as inactive to friends again. Carlos, I feel sorry for you being at the front line of this issue, because I know that you cannot fix it, but do you have any more details at all to share about this, e.g., where in the priority list this issue stands, what has been tried, etc. Is there the right expertise to solve this issue among your engineers? Is there an action plan and timeline for working on this? Has anyone even really tried?

i am sorry to put you in a difficult position but perhaps you could  give feedback to your organization that these answers are always the same and are not getting more credible the more you repeat them. Fitbit will not be my choice for a replacement tracker in the next 3-6 months unless this is solved. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I received an email today from fitbit, advertising and encouraging people to get involved and inviting friends, if only! Receiving that email today is like a taunt as I and many others have been waiting for so long for this fix and for something that really helps motivate and utility to the fitbit devices.

I note the change of thread, I have a feeling that this is PR trying to hide the previous Eleven pages of communication on this issue. It would be good to know exactly what the brief is to the tech teams and the difficulties they are facing trying to resolve the issue. From this side it just looks that the issue is not being taken seriously and is not being worked on

Best Answer

What exactly is the engineering team doing?  What have they tried that failed? Why do they think it's a problem for some people but not others. Please provide some specific information.

Best Answer

Dear FitBit,

I just wanted you to know how much I love seeing my FitBit data, in fact since 2011 I have been a faithful tracker. I have enjoyed the gaming so much that I have created a challenge at my Interoperability headquarters in Nashville www.center4mi.org, with all of my colleagues and peers. Unfortunately with all the fun of us all signing up to the dashboard, I am the only one no one can see. Just wanted to say, I would REALLY love for someone to bump this issue up and know that there are many loyal FitBiters that are into competition and you are not making it easy for me to win my prizes. Thanks for your attention and ongoing development! Informatics Nurse, Kelly

Best Answer

Is there any update on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No....apparently still working on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Helloooooo, Is there anybody there...?

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer

Smiley Happy

Best Answer