Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active days not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my dashboard, I show 92 active minutes today, so I would expect my "active days" to increment by one, but it didn't. What gives?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @DJayne!

I'd like to take a close look on this. Would it be possible for you to take a screen shot showing the active days and then post it as a reply? That should let me see exactly what is happening.

Look forward to your reply so that we can find the best way forward.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure - here's my active days board with this week at the bottom.

It picked up my active minutes on Monday and Wednesday, but not on Thursday (yesterday). (Tuesday was a sedentary day, no active minutes.)

ActiveDays.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

And here's my dashboard for today:

Dashboard.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops...just realized I misspoke in my initial post. I show 92 active minutes for yesterday, but the day wasn't counted as an exercise day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears you haven't logged an activity for Thursday. As far as I'm aware, you don't get 'active day' credit unless it's in your log. I see you have logged a sport on Monday and a walk on Wednesday, which would give you credit for only those days.

If you add your Thursday activity manually, I'm almost certain it will give you credit for that day too.

Hope this fixes your problemSmiley Happy

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Those were captured automatically. I didn't add them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems your Thursday activity was not added automatically since it's not in your log.

You can log an exercise manually by clicking the plus sign on the right side top menu of your Windows app or at https://www.fitbit.com/activities by selecting your exercise and entering the start time and duration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - I'm aware that I can manually add an exercise, but that's not the point. The point is WHY isn't the 90 minutes of activity that was automatically recorded by the tracker not also automatically recorded as exercise? Activity on previous days was, so what's different?

I want to understand how the application evaluates the information to mark extended activity as exercise or not. And if my 90 minute hike met those criteria, what went wrong that it was overlooked by the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and I have the same problem as OP.  I am missing whole days, whole consecutive days.  Why? 

I received my Charge 2 January 2 2017.  Should I contact Fitbit telephone support? Or return it???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since you were hiking, your tracker might not have picked it up as continuous, high-movement activity, which is what it looks for. I don't have any specific details, but you should read What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

Hopefully it will give you some of the answers you're looking forSmiley Happy

Best Answer

I thought about that. Thank you for the link to the help topic - it confirms what I had assumed to be how Fitbit identifies exercise. However, I move pretty steadily when I hike. Here are screenshots of my steps, active minutes, and HR that day. You can clearly see when I was hiking. My HR record for that day shows me in "fat burn" rate for the duration of my hike. The total duration of the hike was about 90 minutes - I know because I was time-constrained and turned around after hiking 45 minutes.

Thursday stepsThursday stepsActive minutesActive minutesHRHR

Best Answer
0 Votes