Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced food plan, like protein target per day, etc

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

I tried to search on the forum but no luck so far, so thought of starting a conversation maybe.

I noticed that the focus on the fitbit food plan/goals is mainly for weight loss. I was wondering if it also supports more advanced plans. For example, if i want to drop the body fat ratio, i.e. gain more muscles. This can be totally orthogonal to weight loss. Per my understanding, what i need is something to tell me that today i need to eat 100 gms of protein, etc. With the current food logging i get to see percentage of protein, carbs & fat in my food. Is there something that can tell me how far am i from my protein target? am i eating enough carbs for my workouts? what about the fats, etc..

Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ibrahimhamed -

For protein, for instance, do you mean how many more grams of protein to you need to reach a particular target, or do you mean what is your current total protein intake for the Day?

For the first - no.

For the second - on your food log page is a daily recap for each day:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 10.36.31 AM.png

So I guess that currently you need to research what you need to do and be on top of it with the help of the daily recap.

I know it is not what you wanted, but welcome to the boards anyway.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Ibrahimhamed -

For protein, for instance, do you mean how many more grams of protein to you need to reach a particular target, or do you mean what is your current total protein intake for the Day?

For the first - no.

For the second - on your food log page is a daily recap for each day:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 10.36.31 AM.png

So I guess that currently you need to research what you need to do and be on top of it with the help of the daily recap.

I know it is not what you wanted, but welcome to the boards anyway.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks MrMarv for the warm welcome.

I was actually looking for the first one but i'll stop searching more now. Maybe i'll add a feature request for that ;).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ibrahimhamed -

And hey - maybe a vote for this new suggestion can get you what you want. Be sure to read the paragraph that references "Your Target".

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Dynamic-retrieval-and-display-of-all-daily-nutri...

Best Answer
0 Votes