Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't sync to iPhone and Computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I always used my iPhone with my Alta until I got a new work computer that has Bluetooth capability. I can't always have my phone with me on the shop floor so I sync'd my Alta to the computer to help me track stuff while at work. Now, after the weekend, I haven't been able to sync back to my computer but I can see all the information that sync'd to my phone earlier in the day. I've tried deleting the device and starting again, but all that does is just reset the Alta and I still can't sync to my computer. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @Garmantm

Sometimes, the trackers bond to a particular Bluetooth device and then they can't be synced to anything else. This can happen when you set notifications or all-day sync. In these cases the first thing I'd recommend that you try is to completely turn off the Bluetooth from your iPhone and then try to sync to your computer. That should do the trick.

I'd also like to ask you, are you using a Windows 10 computer to sync? If so, have you downloaded the Fitbit app or are you using Fitbit Connect?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am using window's 10 to sync and I'm also using the Fitbit app on the computer. I was able to try turning off the Bluetooth on my phone, but it didn't help in my trying to sync to the computer... any other suggestions? Or should I just accept that my phone is the only device I can use?

Best Answer

Hello @Garmantm! Thanks for the update. 

Since turning off the Bluetooth on your phone didn't work, we could try to run the setup process through the Windows 10 app. Please follow these steps:

1. Sync your Alta to your mobile.
  2. Open the Bluetooth settings of your mobile.
  3. Look for your Alta and remove it from the list of paired devices.
  4. Restart your Alta by charging it and then pressing the button on the charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer.
  5. Go to the account tab on the Fitbit app.
  6. Select 'Set Up A New Device' and follow the instructions. 

The Fitbit should then start working and syncing with both. Let me know how it goes! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer