Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App shows an average of only the days of water consumed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a search and didn't find any comments about the water averages, still new on the community post so sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

Something I have noticed now that the new interface has appeared on my iphone is that my weekly water averages are no longer valid.  Now it gives me an average of only the days that I've consumed water...  so my weekly average is flawed if I haven't consumed water all 7 days.  If I drink water only 6/7 days then my weekly water average is higher than it should be, this is not helpful at all.  I contacted fitbit via email about this and they tell me that 'there is nothing wrong with the average. We are not calculating days that are null.'  

So if I only drank water 3/7 days and drank 60 oz those 3 days my weekly water average =60... who in their right mind thought that would be helpful?????  My weekly water average would be 25.7 oz, not 60oz.  Is anyone else having issues with the weekly water averages?

I still use my fitbit flex because it's light, I don't have to take it off to take a shower and I like wearing a real watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if this is an iOS thing or the 'new' fitbit app look but since the downgraded fitbit app look took over my iphone, my weekly water averages aren't correct.  Well they are correct if I actually drink water 7 days a week, but if I don't... the app will calculate an average based only on the days I've entered water.

I contacted fitbit through email and they tell me that "there is nothing wrong with the average. We are not calculating days that are null".  Ah well until two weeks ago they WERE calculating days that were null because that is how one gets a weekly average!  This error in calculating a weekly average needs to be fixed because who needs an average at the end of each week that is severely flawed...  I could just drink 60 oz one day a week and that would look like I did better than the week that I drank 40 oz 7 days of the week 280 oz total.

as you can calculate, last week water average should have been just under 28oz.  The 35oz of the week before was calculated with just 4/7 days

33685048-177E-44AB-85E2-7B034E516CBF.png

iOS version 12.4.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @dang_it  your posts were merged as cross posting is discouraged. If a moderator wants this in a different area, they will move it there. You have a screenshot to show? Might help if they could see what you're seeing.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@dang_it  good screenshot. So if you don't log any water, it doesn't go into the average. You drink something daily, don't you? I know there have been posts where people questioned if they ought to log tea, coffee, juice or other liquids.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for your comments about the way weekly water average works on the Fitbit app. We appreciate the image attached and the information provided.

This is a normal behavior. The feature is actually working as intended. You are welcome to share your ideas on the Feature Suggestion board to help us to improve the Fitbit experience. This is constantly monitored by our engineering team for future implementations. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

@Odyssey13 Thanks for your support.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Well it wasn’t this way before the ‘downgrade’ .  Your weekly water average used to be based on all 7 days, so I’m not sure how cutting out days that one doesn’t drink water makes a weekly water average.  If you aren’t going to actually going to average weekly water intake than why not just put a total of water ingested at the top of the week instead?  At least that would be more helpful than than an incomplete average because it gives you a real point to compare how you are doing/progressing.  An average of only the days you drink isn’t a consistent point because not everyone drinks water every day.  

I don’t understand why they changed something that was really helpful into something that isn’t really helpful at all for people trying to change their water habits.  I could understand it if all the other weekly totals were calculated the same, but they aren’t.  If my Fitbit battery dies and doesn’t register anything for a day all the other weekly averages count all 7 days, not just the days that have steps/ miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dang_it Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delayed response.

Your feedback about the weekly water average is highly appreciated. 

You are welcome to make a request on the Feature Suggestion board. This is constantly monitored by our engineering team for future implementations. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you need assistance.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer