Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ate over deficit, but Calories In v Out says I'm under

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My deficit is set to -500 calories.  Yesterday, I was -418 calories.  If I understand the math correctly, I should be "over" my deficit for yesterday.  The dashboard preview below tells me I'm under for the day.

Untitled.png

When I click "See More" and select yesterday's date, I see the following:

Untitled.png

Am I misinterpreting this, or is the Calories In v Out dashboard preview incorrect?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @FatYellowDog, welcome aboard to our Community. The calories In vS Out works different to the Food plan calories. On your first tile is based on your total amount of calories you have burned during the day vs the amount of calories consumption. So on your first screenshot you have burned a total of 1,748 calories burned against 1,330 of calories intake so you are under the amount of calories burned.

Now your food plan is different, since this is based on the total of calories minus your depending of the food plan you have configured on your account. This calories will fluctuate based on your activity and calorie allowance if your food plan setting is set to "Personalized," It will use your past activity history to estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases that number if you're more or less active then usual throughout the day. In other words, while your calorie budget resets to a certain number at the start of each day, as the day progresses your calorie budget fluctuates based on your activity, increasing when it projects you will exceed your average daily calorie burn (for example if you go on a big run in the morning) and decreasing/normalizing when your activity slows later on.

I suggest visiting your food plan and selecting "Set my own calorie target" to establish a permanent daily calorie goal. if this fluctuations is disruptive for you.

Hope this helps and see you around in case you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes