Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Calorie Intake is 0

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My average caloric intake has been "0" for several months now.   When i look at my report it wills how my average calories spent but the intake has been at zero fro several months.  The other issue i noticed for serveral weeks is my weight goal icon.   The one with the scale that shows my start weight and my goal weight with the tiny scale in the middle.   It no longer shows the percetage of weight lost.  It is simply shows my start weight at one end and the goal weight at the other end with my current weight in the middle.   This is VERY important to me.   I use it as my inspiration.   The same with the average caloric intake.   It helps me.   Can someone please tell me what is going on with those two items?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi there @TCR46, good to see you around. Note that your calorie intake updates based on the food you are logging on your Food Section. So is important for your food plan can give you an average of calories by constantly logging all your food intake; otherwise when the report is generated, it wont shown any data to work with, giving you zero calories on your report.

About the Weight Tile, it has not change too much. The percentage of weight loss still is available but you need to hover with the mouse over the tile for this to appear.

Untitled.jpg

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply to my issues.   I accept the scale response, however, do not accept your response to my issue with the average calorie intake on the report page of my online account.   I am looking at my last 30days from Oct 8 through Nov.7.  I have logged over 20days   Yet, it says my  calorie average intake on the 30 day graph is zero.  Please explain how that is.. It has been that way for months.   I did stop logging for a while because it  stopped showing.   SO that is not a reason.   I had been a loyal logger until the changes had been made like my calorie average intake stayed at zero no matter how many times i logged my food.   I also have a complaint about the fact my on line fitbit friends can no longer see my daily food intake.   That was a big deal to us.  It helped keep us accountable.  Why did you do that?  Can we get that back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TCR46! Glad to see you around. 

I have seen other users experiencing the same average calorie intake discrepancy that you mentioned. In this case I recommend that you get in touch with Customer Support so that they can further investigate on the situation. I'm sure they will be happy to assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Got pretty much the same problem. I've contacted support and if there is a solution, I think that I will post it here.

fitbit 0 intake.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Georgiy!

Thanks for chiming in. When you get a reply, whatever it is, please be sure to let us know about it in here. That way we'll be on the same page.

Hope to see you around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Are you by chance using MFP in conjunction with Fitbit?  I am, and am having the same issue.  I do not log my caloric intake into Fitbit, but I do in MyFitnessPal and Fitbit imports the data.  I suspect that's where the issue lies.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome @Jairid!

That is definitely a good observation. It would be interesting to see if this is the case with other users experiencing the same situation.

Having said that, there are no updates at the time. I will be sure to keep looking around and will be posting here whenever I get any updates.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer

I have the same issue, and I don't use MFP, I log them as quick calories, though, counted in a different app (Lifesum)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use MFP, but with my MS Band :). I count calories with Fitbit app only as its good enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Georgiy and @SunsetRunner!

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It's definitely interesting to read all the different setups used by different users.

Hope to see you around the Community! 

Best Answer

I have had the same issue with "Ave intake" at zero since I got my fitbit. AND the graph colors do not match the legend. Contacted customer support and they said re graph colors "oh we will have to look in to that"....a year ago by the way.  😞   Re the Ave intake Zero...I think its because I log food in to Calorie Count .com and it passes the information to the Fitbit app? The information shows up in Fitbit...but never does in the graph.

Best Answer

Hello @gztyp7

As I mentioned before, the situation with the calorie intake is something our team is aware of. No updates or workaround have been provided as of yet.

As for the colors not matching the legend, I'd like to take a closer look. Could you take a screen shot and then post it here? 

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Here you go 😉

See, the colors are off?!

fitbit.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing the picture.

I haven't received any updates on the situation. Our team is definitely aware of it, but there are not news as of right now. I will be sure to keep my eyes open, however.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

Got nothing from support so far. Do you guys have any news? This seems to be trivial issue that takes surprising amount of time to fix...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reported this issue a year ago...nothing has been done that I can see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to fitbit and having this same exact problem with my graph even though I log all my food intake.  Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Pelli,

Nope, no news regarding this yet, it seems like they are not able to solve it, given the time 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just seems to be low-priority issue that no one can take care of because of lack of resources or tasks with higher priority. To reflect proper average they just need to fix their scripts. It is not a rocket science :(.

Best Answer
0 Votes