Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark now unavailable in UK?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently received an email suggesting that I renew my fitbit premium account, which I've always found really useful because of the benchmarking functionality (to see how my weight etc. compares with other people).  When I entered my card details I was forced to choose USA or Canada as the country and enter a state, even though I am in the UK.  I tried just picking something, but it wouldn't process my card transaction.

I then called to speak to fitbit so they could handle the transaction over the phone.  I received a sales pitch for fitbit coach, which seems only to be fitness videos (which I'm not interested in).  After establishing with the agent that coach does not include access to the benchmark data I asked again to renew my premium account, and was told that this service is discontinued!  I then asked why I had received an email asking me to renew, which also made reference to 'great new features' (strange for a discontinued service) and the agent admitted that it's actually only been discontinued outside of the USA and Canada.  

This is very frustrating!  If someone from Fitbit sees this post, please can you explain why the useful benchmark functionality has been discontinued in every geography other than USA/Canada?  Is there a plan to bring it back to other countries?  If fitbit coach included benchmarking I would happily pay for it, but I was told that it doesn't, and that there's now no way I can get this.  This is honestly the first time that I have been disappointed by fitbit, having been super impressed with every other customer service matter I've encountered so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@KatieAt  I share your disappointment.. Fitbit stopped enhancing Premium a few years ago even though there were promises to increase the revenue on the product.. So we are left with is our data export and very large spreadsheets.. I was using Premium since my first Fitbit in 2011...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer