Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best achievement stats (steps) wildly inaccurate...support can't help

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason Fitbit recorded me as having over 100,000 steps on two days in 2022. I actually didn't have any steps those days...trust me, I couldn't do 100K steps if I tried! It now shows this as my best day ever with over 100,000 steps. I'd like this to revert back to my actual best day which was 40,555 steps. Support says they can't change "best achievement" stats which seems like it would be pretty bad development. Any way a dev can help here instead of the support team that apparently can't fix this? Even after initially asking nearly 2 years ago.

Device: Versa 2

Mobile device: Google Pixel 6 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You can delete all steps for each of those 2 days.  Not sure, but if "best day" gets recalculated each time, that should fix it.

I've never actually done this but I know others have:  On phone app from Today screen, tap gear icon (Settings) at top right) > Delete Data > Steps;   Enter the date for each day and delete, very carefully, one at a time.  Of course, you would also be deleting the actual true steps you took on those days.

If those extra steps haven't happened to you since then, probably not worth worrying about, but if they come up again, here is generally how to prevent them, copied from my answer to another issue.

"On phone app Today screen tap battery icon at top left to get to 'Connected to Fitbit' screen. If Phone is listed as a Connected Device, remove it. That is intended to let you track steps with your phone when not wearing your fitbit, then get them added to fitbit, but seems to have bug that often adds huge number of steps for no apparent reason."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately this doesn't fix the issue. On those days I have zero steps, but "best day" remains over 100K steps. Good thought, unfortunately just doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes