Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better tracking of homemade food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI!  I regularly make my own food and while the ap will let me add all the ingredients, it does not seem to let me say how many portions I consumed.  For example, I made butternut squash soup today.  It had one whole squash, 4 c of veggie broth, one onion and two Tbsp of olive oil, along with sage and garlic.  I would like to put in all the ingredients and then say how many portions this made (4) and how many portions I consumed (1).  For this recipe, I can easily divide by 4, I guess, to figure this out, but not so easy for more complicated recipes that contain a lot more ingredients.  Other food trackers have this feature.  It is one of the reasons I stopped using Fitbit to track food.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@DrDiane Nice to see you around. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion regarding the food log. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). 

If a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their suggestion and add your comments. 

Thanks for your feedback and for participating in our community!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

That really nice Diane

Best Answer

In response to your request to log this as a suggestion, I checked and it has been requested on many occasions one dating back to 2014 which had circa 1000 votes. It would appear that although the app is designed to help people become healthier a key design feature is missing which is readily available on other apps, but there is no appetite to correct this by Fitbit. In absence of this what is the official suggested way to track homemade ingredients and recipes on app versions without the 'create' meal facility? Thanks

Best Answer

I found this web site. https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076. It allow you to enter you own recipes and portions and spits out a nutrition label that you can use to make your own custom foods.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what do you use now?

Best Answer
0 Votes