Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Deficit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my profile set at a 1000 a day deficit. Yesterday it says that I burned 2537 and consumed 1870 which is a deficit of 667 so I would think it should say that I was 333 over budget, but it says that I was 610 over. Can someone explain this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @CatLady02. Welcome aboard to our community my friend. Note that your calorie deficit is already account on your goal. So the amount it shows your calories allowance is the amount of calories you can eat, as were already were deducted the 1000 calories of deficit. 

Also if your food plan setting is set to "Personalized," which uses your past activity history to estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases that number if you're more or less active then usual throughout the day. Since your calorie budget is calculated based on your daily calorie burn, your calorie budget will fluctuate. There is a better explanation of this posted by my friend @SebringDon. You can read his post here to have an alternative answer.

If this fluctuation is disconcerting or disruptive to you, I suggest visiting your food plan and selecting "Set my own calorie target" to establish a permanent daily calorie goal.

Let me know how it goes, see ya later. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I appreciate the link you provided, but that discusses why over/under and calories left to eat fluctuate during the day due to changes in how fitbit will estimate your daily burn, etc.

However, the OP in this thread is asking about YESTERDAY's total....since that day is in the past, there is no more estimating to be done.  I would expect the same thing CatLady02 expected:

under budget = Calories Out - Calorie Deficit Goal - Calories In

Given that the over/under budget number is different on the Android App than the Dashboard....and given that neither of them agree with my common-sense formula above, I am deeply confused....unless these are just software bugs!

Best Answer
0 Votes