Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie In/out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need help.  So my calorie in was 2497.  My calorie burned was 3942.  I have it set at a 1,000 calorie deficit.  My calories left shows 9 OVER but it says I am below budget?  according to my math I show a 1,445 calories deficit.  Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @dgiefrsh31, welcome aboard to our community. Well about your calories you are not doping anything wrong. I believe your food plan is set to "Personalized," which uses your past activity history to estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases your calorie allowance if you're more or less active then usual throughout the day. Since your calorie budget is calculated based on your daily calorie burn, your calorie budget will fluctuate. So in other words while the Calories In vs Out tell you how many calories you have burned doing exercise against the calorie intake. The Calories Left will adjust according to your calories burned counting the calorie deficit too. 

In other words, while your calorie budget resets to a certain number at the start of each day, as the day progresses your calorie budget fluctuates based on your activity, increasing when it projects you will exceed your average daily calorie burn (for example if you go on a big run in the morning) and decreasing/normalizing when your activity slows later on. I bet if you review your food plan your calories allowance for that day change.

Hope this explains the fluctuation, otherwise let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes