Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie intake explanation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I put my calorie intake to 1200 a day and I’ve eaten 1228 but I’ve burned over 2000 so why am I over when I’ve burned more than I have eaten. Thanks 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Bobbysully_1

If you have manually set your calorie intake goal, then it will show that you are over because you have gone over the goal that you set up. Alternatively, if you setup a food plan, you might still be over the calorie deficit that was setup as a goal, even if you have indeed burned more than what you have consumed.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. So I will still lose weight because I’ve burned more than I have eaten? 

Best Answer

Hey @Bobbysully_1.

Essentially,  yes. But keep in mind that the rate at which you lose weight will depend on how big that difference is. Ideally you'd want to have a considerable difference, something like 250 calories or more at least.

I hope this clarifies the situation! If you have any further questions please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes