Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi just joined, could some one please show me in simple terms on how it works

I know that my BMR sjows shows how much calories I need, but where do put that info

Also calorie deficit to lose weight how is that worked out and placed in the Fitbit 

Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You might have your terms mixed up, but BMR is basal metabolic rate, the calories you are burning all the time just by being alive.  Fitbit makes an estimate based on you physical age, weight, etc and automatically adds that into your calorie burn without you doing anything about it.

Here is a help article with more info on that:

How does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Explains it abit more, so it says to lose 1lb or 2lb a week i need to burn 500-1000 calories a day, my final calorie burned reading was 2, 456 and my consumed calories was 1,088 would that be sufficient on a daily basis to achieve 1-2lb loss

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds plenty.

A good guide to follow is for every 3500 calories you burn more than you eat you should lose around 1 pound. 

So if your calorie deficit (the amount you burn more than you eat) is around 500 each day then you lose around 1 pound per week, if your deficit is 1000 per day then you lose around 2 pounds per week. 

I would be careful about having a regular deficit of over 1000 per day - you want to stay healthy while you lose weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Brillant thanks for feedback, also another thing is when I check my
calories burned in the exercise tile on my app it shows different to my
Fitbit burned calories in my watch, is that normal

Thanks again
Best Answer
0 Votes