Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burnt in custom exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you add a custom exercise session, you are asked to specify the time and duration (which is fair enough) but also the amount of calories burned. 

Surely the fitbit app should be able to calculate the calories burned during your exercise from the time & duration rather than asking you to guess?

Or am I doing something wrong?

I have Fitbit Inspire 2, by the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jimxxx   Please watch this video by @Heather-S that shows you how to customize your Exercise shortcuts.  She is using a Charge 3, but your Inspire 2 uses the same path.  There are many shortcuts available and the Inspire 2 doesn't hold them all at once.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Jimxxx and welcome to the Community.  I apologize if I'm misreading what you wrote.  Are you tapping on the "+" sign on the Exercise tile on your Fitbit app, then using the Log or Log Previous option?  If so, then that is the crux of your issue.  That feature is for older model trackers that don't have an Exercise app on the device itself (your Inspire 2 has this) or if you forgot to wear your Inspire 2.

Please review this Help article How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?   This help article also explains how to change and reorder your shortcuts.  The Inspire 2 has about 20 exercise shortcut options.  Use the Exercise app with the Workout shortcut.  This will use the calorie burn estimated from your heart rate monitor. 

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer

Thanks @LZeeW. Yes, I was using the + sign on the tile.

I've had a look on my tracker and I think I've found the right place, though it only has 5 options for exercise (run, bike, swim, treadmill, weights and interval work out). I'll have a look and see if I can manage to add a custom exercise, if not I'll just use interval work out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't find a way to add to the list of workouts, so just used intervals. I just left the defaults, and I think it stopped recording after 9 minutes so I've changed it to run for about 20 minutes for next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jimxxx   Please watch this video by @Heather-S that shows you how to customize your Exercise shortcuts.  She is using a Charge 3, but your Inspire 2 uses the same path.  There are many shortcuts available and the Inspire 2 doesn't hold them all at once.

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer

Thanks again @LZeeW.  I've got it sorted now - you can have 6 shortcuts on the device, so I've picked the ones I need. 🙂

Best Answer